Lug Length

Jcarl29

Reaction score
Any one have experience with going up in lug length on a short track? How much of a difference did you notice? Moving from a 0.91 to a 1.5 on my Indy for this season and I'm wondering how big the difference is really going to be. Also changed out the Pro Steers for Grippers.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to check for clearance so the lugs aren't rubbing on the tunnel or front cooler

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the the track fits gear it down a couple of teeth in the chain case remove snow flap, go find some deep snow :D

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Dynamo Joe, he's in Thunder Bay. He built a 121 3" lug I'd love to try that thing out!

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I had and MXZ with the band aid track and then upgraded to a 1.5". Night and day difference in any kind of powder.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to qualify the type of riding and area. It seem eastern trail riders like shorter tracks, shorter lug heights, but run studs. Western riding in drier snow there are no studs used and higher lug heights. I've been backcountry riding for a while, on different length sleds over that time frame. My favourtie short track back in the day was a Predator 1.25. That track took me a lot of places.

Any one have experience with going up in lug length on a short track? How much of a difference did you notice? Moving from a 0.91 to a 1.5 on my Indy for this season and I'm wondering how big the difference is really going to be. Also changed out the Pro Steers for Grippers.

Jcarl29

Reaction score
Yes, I have made sure the track will not run on the either. I have also chatted with multiple guys that ride where I am from with the same sled who have upped to the 1.5 track and said they did not have to gear down and that it is perfect.

Top Bottom