Lower hole on tunnel re front skid mount

jpow

Reaction score
i have a 08 x and would like to up grade my skid and shock to( 2010 and up handling) i can order the up grade rails and longer shock kit from brp, but i had some info the other day saying its the same thing if i drill a new bolt hole on my tunnel front skid mount and lower it by 7/8 inch? would this give me the same feel without the $500+???

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 x and would like to up grade my skid and shock to( 2010 and up handling) i can order the up grade rails and longer shock kit from brp, but i had some info the other day saying its the same thing if i drill a new bolt hole on my tunnel front skid mount and lower it by 7/8 inch? would this give me the same feel without the $500+???

If you do that, the shock is still the same length and it can sacrfice travel. If you don't want to do the BRP fix, get this... plus the deycore shock is a better shock.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did it on my 08 and thought it was excellent. And yes, to reduce wheelieing, I did tighten the limiter 1 hole so this did reduce suspension travel but not a noticable problem (actually I use a Racers Edge Limiter strap adjuster so it can be adjusted easily in the hills). No rear drop bracket for me because my goal was to reduce ski pressure and a rear drop bracket would only rotate the rear up and the front back down.

I also made custom ski saddles (simmons skis) to narrow to 36.5" way before we saw it from BRP. I also developed the XP Spindle Spacers to change the steering geometry way before BRP offered it stock in 2010.

Top Bottom