Low Flow Fuel Cell on 2009 Mirage Trailer?

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2009 Mirage Trailer which has a fuel cell, pump, and nozzle for sled gasoline. Real handy except I am getting very low flow and it takes almost 8 to 10 minutes to fill a sled! The pump is an GPI EZ-8 electric pump. Previous owner (good friend) has told me it has always been this way since new and he was told by dealer it was due to the number of elbows on the suction line from the tank. Anyone else experience this? Ideas on fixing it properly? Thanks! __________________

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the size of the piping. Neighbour has a raptor holiday trailer it with fuel and has low flow. We were looking and there's a spot that it necks down to 1/4" rubber line then back up to 3/4". You might have something like that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey
Had the same trailer with fuel reservoir.
I pulled up the floor and replaced the suction line into tank. It was under sized BUT it was also kinked/pinched when they put floor down.

Works great now. Was painful before.

Also installed fuel filter inside hose compartment to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you have to pull the floor for this? Thinking of tackling this on mine. What size of intake hose/ fuel filter did you install?

Reaction score
Had to pull up floor to get at the fittings in the top of the fuel tank. Floor was pinching hoses because of tight clearance.

We used 1/2" hose.

One of the tanks we fixed didnt have a 90 fitting coming out of the tank, the hose was just bent and kinked causing fuel flow to be cut off. On that one we added a 90 and still used the original hose.

Both worked good after fix

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom