Low elev clutching on XM

jbird902

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for some help with my new 13 xmx 154. I need a good clutch setup for 0-3500/4000ft . I talked with deano at mad Motorsports(awesome guy!). He recommends a spi kit with thunder products shim in primary and gearing up to 23/49. Anyone run this setup ? If so what are your thoughts. I'm pretty sure I'm going with it as he seems to really know his stuff , but wanted I see if anyone was running it. Looking to run with a hps or carbon can too. The stock low elev setup is horrible..

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
I got a BRP sea level kit with mine, it came with a 23T top gear and chain but I didn't put them in, I don't need to go faster. A buddy bought the same sled and did put the 23T gear in. We went to the mountains and he put in the mountain weights but left the 23T gear in, blew a belt on the first day, at around 6500 ft. I recommend leaving the gearing alone and going with a DynamoJoe (www.ibackshift.com) dual elevation clutch kit. This way all you need to change if you go to mountains is pin weight. Not gears or springs or anything.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
if anyone wants a 23 tooth top gear I'll sell mine, I used it on my turbo sled. Still perfect nothing wrong with it. Sorry for High jacking

jbird902

Reaction score
I already have the low elevation w/23 gear in and it's horrible. Did he have the brp kit in with the 23 top gear. Because I have heard of others blowing belts with this kit, but I'm not so sure the gearing is the reason.. Deano says the spi kit with 23/49 and primary shim is where it's at. Can anyone confirm??

Demon700

Reaction score
I just installed a Team Tied conversion with the high elevation kit. Havent had much testing but so far at 2000ft Iuse 17gram pin weight and at 6000ft up i use 15gram weight. 160/380 primary, black/white secondary (cant remember poundage), straight 59 degree helix and stock 19/49 gears. So far works awesome, 7900-8000rpm all the time. might be a little room for improvement but I havent got much time on it yet, so far impressed.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some very experienced Doo guys that are gearing up. Theres some clutching to do if you do it, but they claim they get the best from the etec when it is under more load.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom