low boost turbo Nytro kits

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many kits are out there now? Who has the bolt on and easy take off for resale? Thought it was out of Idaho somewhere?

Any one got decent time on the 180mcx kit?

Cheers

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spent a day on one.......I'm totally impressed:)
Raced a M8 pump gasser......very similar in speed:d

Thanks Randy........do you know anything about those simple bolt on and easy take off kits that allows you to easily put back to stock? I recall reading about them on here a year ago but do not recall the manufacturer. Maybe it is these mcx stage 1 kits.

I think the 180mcx is likely a good way to go - not super crazy power and gives a chance to get used to the turbo power before going bigger.

I know you sometimes have a lead on used items like this - shoot me a pm if you know of anything please. Cheers....Al

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of Slave Lake Yamaha or T&T...

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of Slave Lake Yamaha or T&T...

x2 that one. Slave Lake Yamah built my turbo works awesome. talk to Steve there and he can help you out with your questions. he is very Smart when it comes to turbo stuff.:beer:

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your open to look at other turbo brands......don't overlook Alpine. I rode with one of their low boost kits 3 days and it never skipped a beat any day. It was rippin!!!!!!!!:beer:

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Alpines low boost kit at 8#'s boost in a 2010 162, it was so much fun with stock throttle response, best part was you could ride it to the bar all day long. Was surprised how much torque it had at 8#'s.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Alpines low boost kit at 8#'s boost in a 2010 162, it was so much fun with stock throttle response, best part was you could ride it to the bar all day long. Was surprised how much torque it had at 8#'s.

I am at 1500 kms now on my low boost mcx. Love the kit and and smoothe power. i built it as a ditch banger but have taken to the mountains also. Only one problem i have had a few times is the boost controller will stick once in a while if i havent thawed the sled out after a few days of riding. It gets stuck on the last elevation. So the next morning on the way up the trail the boost wont increase with altitude. Once up top i stop for a few minuites and the heat from the turbo thaws it and its back to 10 lbs in the alpine. Ive known of this and when i built my stage two turbo a few yrs ago that is why i put a turbo smart controller on it. I might just do the same to this one. I also raced my buddie on a pump gas m8 in mcbride. Up a long hill with only a 153 track to a m8 162 i got it by a lenth or two

Andrew

Top Bottom