Low boost 180 mcx kit compared to d8 at 10 #'s

Apextenn

Reaction score
Havent rode the MCX 180 kits but have a powderlites kit on my nytro only have it set up to run around 8 lbs of boost as the engine and sled are brand new but from what i have seen nothing can touch the power even at that low of a boost at sea level they might be more comparable but in the alpine where the air is less dense a turbo makes a huge difference the only way a d800 could keep up to a mcx 180 on a nytro at highes elevations would be to either have nitrous or a turbo its self. But it all depends what type of riding you do the poo will be easier to throw around and will boondock better just my 0.02 cents. And the turboed nytro will be way more reliable polaris better step up in their motor department or else they are going to continue to lose customers. It nothing to hear someone on their 4th 800 motor with only 1500 k on it.

yami

Reaction score
yami is way more reliable but at 10lbs the dragon will beAT it by quite a bit. the 180 kit runs great and will require far less tuning. if you want to beat the dragon at 10lbs try the 240 or 270 kit from mcx. i bought a 240 kit in 08 and it was comparable to a turbo m8 at 10 lbs. upgraded to a 270 kit and the diffrence is night and day.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks that's what I was looking for.

I own a low boost mcx on a 153 and raced 3 m8 pump turbos 162s . They are really close and if i get traction it will pull on them. That was up hill in the mountains. At the lake i raced every type of sled i could find and beat them all but my brothers 2009 crossfire 1000. They are dead even to 165 km per. Depending on how you ride you might prefer the low boost. I have a stage 2 nitro also and find i always ride the 180 sled. Its the fun factor. it will still climb with huge ground speed and no skis on the ground. In powder it spins around 59 to 63 mph. Nitro low boost is a really fun sled in my opinion. im hooked.

powder muncher

Reaction score
I have dragged many D8 turbos with my old TRX1 and they do not make much power. I would put a Nytro Low boost up against them any time.

The D8 makes horse power all right --- just the horses are smaller:d

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ddwell,

Why are you wanting a 180 kit, thought you had the impulse kit on your 2010 ?

big_red1a

Reaction score
I am unsure between the 180 turbo and the impulse seem like only a few grand more gets you bigger gas tank, stand alone fuel, large dump valve, tunnel dump exhaust, and mass moved to the rear i think it would be worth a few more bucks? Any opinions experience???

ddwell

Reaction score
ddwell,

Why are you wanting a 180 kit, thought you had the impulse kit on your 2010 ?

The dealer up here could not get my Nytro with the Impulse kit to run, they have since replaced the sled with a new stock machine. I'm thinking of buying a Low boost kit that I will install myself. That way I'll be able to work on any issues myself. I still want a kit with a tunnel dump and bigger fuel tank though.

yami

Reaction score
cr makes a tunnel dump for mcx kits and seth at trail tanks make a bigger tank. i run the mcx 270 kit and its been flawless so far for a few seasons. I think the impulses run strong to, can't understand why your dealer can't make one work. paul is only a phone call away for assistance.

big_red1a

Reaction score
The dealer up here could not get my Nytro with the Impulse kit to run, they have since replaced the sled with a new stock machine. I'm thinking of buying a Low boost kit that I will install myself. That way I'll be able to work on any issues myself. I still want a kit with a tunnel dump and bigger fuel tank though.

how did it go?
what was the outcome?
what brand you go with?
Are you happy with it?

Top Bottom