Lost spot messenger

Captain-sno

Reaction score
I also posted in the lost and found, but I lost my spot messenger, could be anywhere from boulder parking lot to turbo. In a neoprene case with clip.
Lost Easter Sunday.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when did it go missing? i was there on friday and did not see anything, amy jane and piston broke were there on monday,

T

TracksCanada

Possibility of getting it back is pretty slim.:(

London drugs had them on sale for $119. I was told by a friend who bought one.

Captain-sno

Reaction score
sorry, but that seems a little ironic.

More Ironic than you will ever guess. We almost spent the night on the mountain. Visibility went to almost complete whiteout in the afternoon...the storm came from the east, very rare, and we had to dig a shelter and had a fire going in case we had to overnight. When the visibility got a little better (not untill nightfall) we where able to find sugarbowl and work our way out, getting to the parking lot at 10:30 pm. I realized it was lost when I looked for it after the shelter was built and the fire was going, in case we needed it.

cliffclavin

Reaction score
Did you have a GPS with you to find your way out? Or would it not have helped in the whiteout?

Captain-sno

Reaction score
Did you have a GPS with you to find your way out? Or would it not have helped in the whiteout?

Yes, one of my buddies and I each had a garmin rino 530. Both fairly new. I had a new data card in mine and was going to track us in and out but his was dead so I gave him mine and took his to charge as I had put a 12 volt on my sled. I kept his off to charge faster and he did not turn tracking on. I usually have a map with all the gps coordinates but I was using my sons avy bag and not mine and did not take the map. So we had 2 gps's, no map and no waypoints saved. Also no tracking. We had 2 cell phones and where able to find cell coverage to give out our position and got the coordinates for sugarbowl. We managed to find sugarbowl in the dark and poor, but a little better visibility and then work our way out.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong but if the spot was on it should be pretty easy to find providing you have tracking no?
catmando!
Went quading this weekend and went looking for my spot,It was in my windshield bag on my sled from our last sled trip over a month ago,Little green light was a flashing away.So the batteries last a long time!
Good Luck!

Captain-sno

Reaction score
I do subscribe to the extra tracking feature, but unfortunatly I had the spot off. Wanted to make sure the batteries where good in the event I needed it, even though I also had a new 4 pk of lithium batteries with me. With the foot of new snow it would be buried, however someone spring riding may find it as it melts. They are waterproof and i have a neoprene case on it. I will wait a month or so, then buy a new one as they are not really to expensive and spot will transfer my subsciption to the new unit. They also mark the old unit lost and if anyone trys to subscibe or use it, they will call me.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
up at the cabin on monday someone said a group spent the nite up on boulder... i didnt think so since there was no units in the parking lot. but i did see a sled get choppered out

Top Bottom