Lost patience with tuning

mdwils

Reaction score
Anybody have a tune that their really happy with for an 09 BF 750. Running VDI Copperhead , KN filter and full muzzy. I cant get the bottom end lag out of it, I've been screwing with the enrichment and the VE charts and cant find the sweet spot. I could do this for days I think, but I gotta get riding. Actually I wonder if this kind of file could be sent through e-mail? Any computer gurus?
Thanks
Matt

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, You can send files through an E-mail. I could try to help. Let me know what it is running like....Starting cold and hot....bogs or dieing when you hit the throttle? It is a EFI machine right?

mdwils

Reaction score
ok, I adjusted my aftersart enrichment and hold cycle and got it starting real good tonight. The acceleration enrichment @ 3000 rpm is set at 13 and that made it good and snappy now so I adjusted the other acc. enr. to make it linear. I am very happy with the Acceleration. Last night I just totally winged it on the VE chart, and must have got it pretty close cuz the quad goes like hell but I have NO idea what I'm doing with it. How are you supposed to figure out your VE without just guessing? Anyway, I am running 20% added and tapering off with lower RPM and lower Kpa. Any hints on how to figure out where else I should go with the chart? or is it supposed to all be by the seat of your pants kind of thing. The muzzy totally neutered my bike when I installed it but its getting its balls back the more I screw with the VE chart.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mdwils...You should not really have to change the VE tables. Once you have it starting good.By changing the cranking pulses @-40*and @ 80*. Prime pulse also helps in the starting by removeing air in the line up to the injector.you can change the cc's to richen the fuel because of the pipe.
changing the cc's will change the fuel across all the rpm's.
Here is some more info that is usefull in tuning the VDI www.nyrocatv.com/techtip.cgi?viewcat=11&viewtopic=393

mdwils

Reaction score
Thank you for the link.
You mean to tell me I spent all night f'ing with the VE table when I could have just changed engine CCs?!
I'm getting closer to dialing it in the more I play with it, its a pretty neat program. I'll try a map with a clear VE table and more CCs and let ya know how it goes.

Top Bottom