Lost in the Allan creek area.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish story's like this never made the media. Everyday we make decisions that affect our lives. But every dumb choice people make doesn't hit the news. To many inexperienced know it all types in the Mountains. Not good for the rest of us who have good judgement. No clothes. Little water and food. One lighter. Lets drop in where we've never gone and take the whole group at once. Hmm..

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish story's like this never made the media. Everyday we make decisions that affect our lives. But every dumb choice people make doesn't hit the news. To many inexperienced know it all types in the Mountains. Not good for the rest of us who have good judgement. No clothes. Little water and food. One lighter. Lets drop in where we've never gone and take the whole group at once. Hmm..

Gotta agree. He should have just kept his yap shut!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they dropped down the creek below the cabin, I'm not entirely sure tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the guys that got lost on Lucille in mcbride as his story matches theirs almost word for word, friggen media can't get anything right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Media is right! I was apart of the Lucile guys that got missing they were in our group, our 911 call went in at 530pm the previous night before anyone had called 911 for the guys in Allen creek on the Monday morning when we were waiting for the chopper to come from vale to rescue our friends in Lucile the rescue guys told us there was 2 guys in Allen creek that were missing too but we got the chopper first because of when the call was placed. Chopper was delayed getting to mcbride and then valemount took the chopper from jasper to do a long line rescue with the guys in Allen creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the capabilities of these new machines, and the inexperience of the new breed of riders, this is only going to happen more often. He should have used the map feature of that garmin to show him the lay of the land. Works great when you know how steep the area you are riding in is. I use that feature all the time to help me find other ways into riding areas.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you drop down off the side of the mountain get off your sled and have a look, if it looks to steep and you don't think you can make it back up, don't go down there. Simple as that. Especially when your only riding half a day and figured you didn't need all your gear.

This guy definitely should of kept his mouth shut, but he probably thinks he's cool now and can tell all his buds he's on the news.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the old days we always had a rule. "Don't go down anything you can't come back up". Trouble with sleds nowadays is....I'm not sure sometimes what I can't come back up!

Gotta change it to "Don't go down anything you're not willing to walk back up!" :D

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my first "New" Sled in 1980 a Yamaha ET340 Enticer, actually read the manual that came with, will always remember the one liner in the pre face....

"This machine can travel farther in an hour then you can walk in 8 hours."

Now exstrapulate that to the new technology and in the mountains.....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my first "New" Sled in 1980 a Yamaha ET340 Enticer, actually read the manual that came with, will always remember the one liner in the pre face....

"This machine can travel farther in an hour then you can walk in 8 hours."

Now exstrapulate that to the new technology and in the mountains.....

Your big word for the day? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Top Bottom