Lost GPS

mtacres

Reaction score
Hello. PLEASE HELP!!! Last weekend (Feb. 26th 2011) I was out around Jack Fish Lake and lost my Garmin 62S. If anyone finds it I will pay a reward to have it returned. My name is in the unit with a bunch of tracks. I know it would be easy to reset the unit and VOILA!! free GPS but PLEASE don't. Help me out by returning it. Thanks.

Regards. Monte.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which Jackfish lake cause I can think of about 3 lakes in Alberta with that name. Any ideas where it possibly may have been lost?

mtacres

Reaction score
We headed out to Nordegg and stopped at the pipeline to unload. (about 40kms east)?? We followed it North till we hit a road and then went west along the road about a 1/4?? mile and turned off onto the creek north. (there's a bridge right in there) We were within a 1/2 mile radius of there to the north/north west when I lost it. We looked but there was a couple feet of snow we were playing in.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good chance you ain't seein' that till spring....sorry 'bout your luck

mtacres

Reaction score
I know. I am hoping some quaders will pick up on the post maybe. I'm gonna take my quad and sled out when it starts to melt a bit and look again. Thanks.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's chitty. I know of the Jackfish lake you speak of and there is some vast country and many trails back there. I have camped back in there a couple times at the reclaimed lease site just before the gravel pit up the hill from crossing the creek. The one that the bridge was redone fall of '09.

mtacres

Reaction score
That was my first time in that area. Didn't see a gravel pit but may have been on the lease site. (on the north side of the road just before going down the hill over a bridge) Maybe it was just a nice little flat spot.

mtacres

Reaction score
Long story short. No. Will now. Learn't lots that day. Bought a RAM Mount when I got home that night. I know how to back them up now.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might have to wait till spring young guy last season lost camera south of Edson and we found it May long weekend out quading and it still work

Top Bottom