Looking to get bumpers sprayed..need recommendations

the450kid

Reaction score
Have a set of stock ford bumpers I am looking to get sprayed with linex or similar coating. I have called Line x red deer twice now and lets just say they are double anywhere else staring at $1550 colour matched lol. I would love support local but this is just hwy robbery. So does anyone have any other places they recommend?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of stock ford bumpers I am looking to get sprayed with linex or similar coating. I have called Line x red deer twice now and lets just say they are double anywhere else staring at $1550 colour matched lol. I would love support local but this is just hwy robbery. So does anyone have any other places they recommend?

How would you know they are double anywhere else,, if you obviously haven't called anywhere else?:confused:

the450kid

Reaction score
How would you know they are double anywhere else,, if you obviously haven't called anywhere else?:confused:
This is why I usually don't post much.....I actually have done some leg work on price comparisons between a couple Line x franchises. I would never just make one call and resort to being a keyboard hero complaining about prices. I am looking for others that have used another product or have helpful suggestions. I was trying to avoid having to go outside the local area,but hey thanks for the helpful post bud.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know

Has there been anything coherent that leads you to formulate the assumption he hasn't called anyone else?? Oh wait you Ass U Me D , you know, made an ass out of him and yourself…mission accomplished!

No wonder there's hardly anyone that posts on this forum anymore…you get kicked in the face when you ask for help

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Rhino liners, under 500.00 to do a 6.5' box. I've tried a few different liners and Rhino holds up the best in my opinion. Not sure if they have a retailer where you are, but I got mine done in Edmonton.

Sent from my iPad

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been anything coherent that leads you to formulate the assumption he hasn't called anyone else?? Oh wait you Ass U Me D , you know, made an ass out of him and yourself…mission accomplished!

No wonder there's hardly anyone that posts on this forum anymore…you get kicked in the face when you ask for help

I dont know just sounded that way to me, my bad. Sorry.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you tried looking at powder coating?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here's what you do Dave....throw them in the back of your half ton, and drop them off at Corrcoat's shop in Surrey on your way out to the Island when you come to visit. Otherwise, try DSI in Red Deer...I think they spray Polyurea. If the applicator knows how to trigger a gun, they'll be able to spray it on smooth in one coat, and not have to choke the air and splatter on the texture to cover their runs and voids. If you have to spend more than $500 to do both bumpers, keep looking.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I had the front area of my 5th wheel (front storage area and up under overhang) color match sprayed by Armaguard here in Edmonton. I was like $650. Did an amazing job!! I'm sure they used alot more product than just a couple of bumpers.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
Isn't there a huge price difference between black and colour matched? He said colour matched in his first post and everyone else is thinking black...

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Isn't there a huge price difference between black and colour matched? He said colour matched in his first post and everyone else is thinking black...

I had the front area of my 5th wheel (front storage area and up under overhang) color match sprayed by Armaguard here in Edmonton. I was like $650. Did an amazing job!! I'm sure they used alot more product than just a couple of bumpers.

Like this?

the450kid

Reaction score
Add $300 bucks at any vendor for colour match,which is included in the total posted in the OP.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked an Auto body shop to paint my bumpers when my truck was going into the paint booth for hail repair - they wanted another $1800. Replacement chrome bumpers were about $800. One guy suggest that I do it myself and prep sand and paint the bumpers myself and apply PlasticDip clear . I am not sure how well it works. The Canadian Tire manager said that he can't supply enough Clear Plastic Dip because a lot of people are painting and coating rims with PlasticDip. Good Luck

Cheers
Zar

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my bumpers done at armaguard in st albert for 200 each and my grill done for 150, fully encased so it doesnt peel. This was in black

Top Bottom