looking to get a little more out of my indy

nate11

Reaction score
i have a 1992 indy 500 efi sks and i would like to get some more power out of it but i am not sure what to do. as far as i know every thing is stock, i am thinking of getting a set of pipes but i am not sure if they will give me the power i am looking for.
thanks for the help

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is liquid cooled so you can pipe it for some more hp, but the gains will be modest, performance reeds will give you better throttle response.
you might want to drop or gain a couple of teeth in the gearing, or some performance clutch componants.......depends what your riding style is, and what you want out of the sled, and of coarse, budget is usually a factor.
might make more sense to sell it, add a couple grand and get into an 6 or 700 edge chassis sled

be a little more specific with what your wanting, and people will chime in with suggestions

nate11

Reaction score
Well i live in tumbler ridge bc so we have small hills and powder and that is mostly what i ride in so im am looking to get a little more power in the powder. And i am not looking to spend to much under 1000$ because im saving up for a new 800 rmk next winter.

Taylzee

Reaction score
I would say save your money and get the new sled. Those 500's were good little sleds but not worth trying to upgrade IMO!

nate11

Reaction score
I have read and thinking of removing my front torsion bar and control arms so i can carve better and side hill. Has any one else done this i am wondering how to go about doing this.

Top Bottom