Looking referral to setup 03 SX Viper Mtn

SledFever

Reaction score
Friend has stock 2003 Yamaha SX Viper Mtn 700 141 track.

We are looking for good info & parts referral for proven & cost effective setup on 03 SX Viper Mtn. (Clutches, air, exhaust, etc). Thank you.

Johns123@telus.net

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend has stock 2003 Yamaha SX Viper Mtn 700 141 track.

We are looking for good info & parts referral for proven & cost effective setup on 03 SX Viper Mtn. (Clutches, air, exhaust, etc). Thank you.

Johns123@telus.net

give me acall i can hook you up, im gone to vegas till nex thursday... , i have done about 12 vipers.....so i do know a bit about mods....

Terry

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tagatree has one dialed in, it runs quite well.

Maybe the lurker can chime in.:eek:

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you want to know? I have by no means "dialed in" but i do have her running good :)

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
Install slp pipes, attak system on the pto side carb, drop the top gear by one tooth,remove the bigger spacer from the transfer rod and replace it with the smaller one. Don't install another spacer in the empty spot. Loosen your transfer strap all the way. Set your primary clutch at 6 and 1 or 6 and 2. I had jetted down my sled, I did keep my needles in the factory settings. This sled will run at 9200 rpm's with no problems. Use factory Yamaha belts. Try the above first and jet with caution. I took my sled to the Drayton Snow drags without the pipes and came in 4th in the 700 class.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you buy pipes, check your pros and cons. Do your research. I'll check and let you now what weights i have in my clutch (you can really dialin the right weight with the yamaha clutch weights and rivets) A can is always a good idea, drops the tank of a can that came with the sled and gives it a real slick sound.

I personally got a BOSS seat and found it did wonders to my riding stance as the Yamaha tunnels are wider than most (On the 2 strokes i know anyway) and the tapered down boss seat made me feels less "Bow legged" when riding. As i said, pipes make huge HP gains on the viper, 33 horse if im not mistaken, however if you dont jet properly and clutch for the altitude your riding at, say goodbye to your motor. Woulkd be a great idea if it was purely a dedicated mountain machine

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this may be another option. give the guys up at Slave Lake Yamaha a call 780-849-5526 i believe we had done up a few of them when they first came out with clutching and all that good stuff. they really know there stuff up there and if they dont they will find out for you. its worth a shot and its only a 2.5hr drive north of edmonton if you really need anything.

small town dealers seem to put in a lot more effort and pride in there work. heck i drive from calgary to slave lake just for them to make sure i get what i need.

hope that helps

Top Bottom