Looking for Superclamp feedback!

ken.gee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been riding in the mountains for a few years now...but have only ever pulled a trailer or hauled in my F150. I've seen Superclamps, and used them once...but didn't have a lot of time to look the products over. I'm picking up a sled deck for my new truck soon, and wondering if the superclamp front and rears are worth the money? Are they reliable? Has anybody had any interactions with their staff...what's the customer service like?

Thank you in advance!

Ken

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the front Superclamps. I always hated compressing my front shocks when I used to ratchet the front end down. I didn't bother with the rear clamps on my deck since the sled hangs over so far. I use a ratchet strap through the track (over the rails) to the bar the ramp hooks onto.

If i had a trailer i would consider the rear clamps.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the fronts. Work great. I preferred the first batch of steel ones as they didn't flex when clamped. I did have a set of rears one time. Sold them. Used them on an 8ft deck so you had limited area of clamping down on the rails. And also not all sleds are they same, might work on your sled but not on your buddies.
Customer service is Top Notch!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have front and rear clamps on my open trailer. Was following Rknight111 in golden a few years back and saw how well his sleds stayed put on a really rough road. My sleds were strapped and moving all over. Best decision I could have made going to super clamps.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Love the fronts. Work great. I preferred the first batch of steel ones as they didn't flex when clamped. I did have a set of rears one time. Sold them. Used them on an 8ft deck so you had limited area of clamping down on the rails. And also not all sleds are they same, might work on your sled but not on your buddies.
Customer service is Top Notch!

Superclamp has a rail that is called super track and this elimates this issue.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time with the price tag. I have the fronts now and they work great. I doubt I will buy the rears.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the front and rears,use them on open trailer,sled deck and enclosed trailer,once you use them you wont want to ever go back to straps. customer service cannot be beat

scottp

Reaction score
I bought front and rear for my sled deck and am very happy with them. Did a pretty rough mountain road in Invermere and they didnt loosen at all.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are awesome, can have the sleds loaded and tied down in a matter of 60 seconds. ya they are costly, but nothings getting any cheaper now days so..

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Hardware sucks on them, had two bent screws when I bought mine. Tried to use one, broke without hardly any torque. So hard to trust three screws to hold your sled on. After I bust one in half easy with a Phillips head screw driver and a 3/8" ratchet. But other then that, these trac system is the best. Remove the hook without tools, adjustable, can fit any sled on my deck now no worries. I am going to contact superclamp and see if they'll send me out some screws to finish installing. I hope, after 3 boxes of superglides, 3 front superclamps, 2 rear clamps, and six 12" supertrac kits.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed two 16' strips of the supertrac in my trailer for the front superclamps....leaves me open to park sleds facing forward or rearward....also allows flexibility to have tie downs wherever needed. Easy install...drilling every 12" (I think) with every second or 3rd SS bolt hitting a frame member. I added SS fender washers for added strength.

I have yet to install a few shorter sections to accommodate the rear clamps.

Overall very happy with the results.....good work SuperClamp!

Back to the original question....buy the superclamps....they are a bit pricey but once you have them you realize how quickly you can tie down your sleds....there is also a place to put padlocks.

Good investment in my opinion.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple front clamps and they couldnt get any better. You wont be sorry.

Top Bottom