Looking for somewhere to get my 880 kit done?

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Hey I am looking for someone or somewhere to take my 09 Sumit 800r and get an 880 big bore kit complete with clutching, total set up. I was looking in the Edmonton/ St Alberta area. Looking for Quality work that is backed up. Any Referals?

HANES347

Reaction score
Mots machining in st albert, Tom and the boys do amazing work, highly recommend them to anyone

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow both amazing places right off the bat my votes are for any of these two mots and splitsecond! I had a splitsecong built 860 w/jaws twins 14-1 head and team clutching and wow did that sled ever rip! I heard there 880 kits are way meaner. I ran 50/50 mix with c111 and the egts seemed to be constatly in that 1250-1350 range with 520 jets

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 880, loved it, made wicked power,,,problem was reliability wasnt good,,on those 880kits they bore the cylinder out so much there is nothing left of it,,,wish i had picks of my old cylinder,,the cylinder walls are REALLY thin..any exesess heat and your motor is toast,,im talkin not eneogh snow on the trail up or something stupid like that.. 3 motors and 8000$ later i said f$ck it the extra power isnt worth it and back to stock i went... id try a 860kit if i were you,,they leave a little more cylinder wall on the 860kits...

good luck.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ralph is the man. Heard good things from Cory Micku group as well.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 880, loved it, made wicked power,,,problem was reliability wasnt good,,on those 880kits they bore the cylinder out so much there is nothing left of it,,,wish i had picks of my old cylinder,,the cylinder walls are REALLY thin..any exesess heat and your motor is toast,,im talkin not eneogh snow on the trail up or something stupid like that.. 3 motors and 8000$ later i said f$ck it the extra power isnt worth it and back to stock i went... id try a 860kit if i were you,,they leave a little more cylinder wall on the 860kits...

good luck.

i find this interesting.....the pilot of the 880 i built from cory micku only has a 154 cooler on a 174. overheats it daily and just keeps pushing it to limp mode because hes lazy and has to much money. but its still going strong to my amazement despite boiling over every weekend for the last 2 years.

Top Bottom