Looking for someone to take over my snowcheck G4

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Due to a collapsed disc in my neck I won't be sledding this year if someone is looking for a orange and white 165 - 3 inch I put down $1000 would like to get my money back $16900 tax in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
the dealer pays that $500 bucks to skidoo and loses it and all the spring incentives if the spring buyer doesn't pick the machine up within 30 days of delivery.

stormcp

Reaction score
Isnt it illegal to keep deposits in Canada? Anyways I may take it off ya.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told this by 2 different car dealerships in town that deposit is 100% refundable, but I was unaware of this with a snowcheck for a sled.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told this by 2 different car dealerships in town that deposit is 100% refundable, but I was unaware of this with a snowcheck for a sled.

Its a little bit different putting a deposit on a car vs a snow checked sled. The car was already in dealer stock so if you change your mind they really didn't lose anything. The sled was ordered and brought it specifically for you. Try ordering a car and then asking for your deposit back when it arrives....I bet you it's non-refundable

Plus many times the snow check terms are ONLY for the person who it was brought in for....

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its all about good customer service. I don't believe that a deposit should be returned under all circumstance but a good dealer with good customer relation will or should take exception under certain circumstances. If they don't you should then know what kind of dealer they really are and taking care of customers is not their primary goal. I personally wouldn't walk into a dealer like this if i knew they weren't there for me under such circumstances.

I have had to back out of a deposited deal at VMS in Kelowna. I figured i lost the deposit, i told them the reason and was 100% honest about it and to my surprise the refunded my deposit fully. Now i'm a loyal customer and seldom go anywhere else, sled or motorcycle stuff.

When i say circumstances, i mean not if you change your mind for what ever reason. But more a major change like an accident or medical surgery or medical reason and even lost of job.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a little bit different putting a deposit on a car vs a snow checked sled. The car was already in dealer stock so if you change your mind they really didn't lose anything. The sled was ordered and brought it specifically for you. Try ordering a car and then asking for your deposit back when it arrives....I bet you it's non-refundable
It would be interesting to see what kind of outcome would come out if someone took the manufacturer spring forms deposit clause to court. I know it states on the form non refundable but the courts have overturned stuff before from what I understand. Wouldn't be worth getting a lawyer for $500 though.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its all about good customer service. I don't believe that a deposit should be returned under all circumstance but a good dealer with good customer relation will take exception under certain circumstances. If they don't you should then know what kind of dealer they really are and taking care of customers is not their primary goal. I personally wouldn't walk into a dealer like this if i knew they weren't there for me under such circumstances.

I have had to back out of a deposited deal at VMS in Kelowna. I figured i lost the deposit, i told them the reason and was 100% honest about it and to my surprise the refunded my deposit fully. Now i'm a loyal customer and seldom go anywhere else, sled or motorcycle stuff.

When i say circumstances, i mean not if you change your mind for what ever reason. But more a major change like an accident or medical surgery or medical reason and even lost of job.

I believe most "reputable" dealers of will refund a deposit depending on the reason...if someone lost their job, I would guess the dealer would try and give the deposit back. But if you found it cheaper elsewhere.....doubtful any deposit is being returned for that excuse.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get your deposit back jake with your circumstance, if the dealer doesn't help yah out than maybe reconsider doing business with them in the future.

And what dealer asks for a 1000 deposit on a snowcheck? Wow I put a 1000 down on a 80g truck.
So the dealer will make another 500 when they sell the sled cause I highly doubt the price will be discounted to the new buyer and less warranty.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get your deposit back jake with your circumstance, if the dealer doesn't help yah out than maybe reconsider doing business with them in the future.

And what dealer asks for a 1000 deposit on a snowcheck? Wow I put a 1000 down on a 80g truck.
So the dealer will make another 500 when they sell the sled cause I highly doubt the price will be discounted to the new buyer and less warranty.

There are a lot of things that play into giving a deposit back. There are some devious customers out there. As a former dealer principle I could write a book on excuses I have heard in 30 plus years. Lol. I had a guy tell me he wasn't taking the sled because he had found a better deal after the fact and had ordered one as well from the other dealer. He wanted his deposit back so I told him he should have told me that he lost his job or broke his leg and told him not happening. There are some stupid people out there. HaHa!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's a deposit if it's refundable? Just proof that you HAVE $1000 in your bank account? meaningless. There are plenty of reputable dealerships that don't refund deposits. I sell farm equipment and I get people I've never met ask if they can put a deposit on something they've never seen just to hold the whatever it is until after harvest or seeding. I always say yes but once I tell them that it's risky because it's non refundable (5-$10000 deposits not $500-1000) they always wait and take their chances. I've never had one person not understand why I won't hold something for nothing.

Top Bottom