looking for some detailed advice

allthrottle

Reaction score
I have an 09' m 1ooo and am looking for some detailed advice on what kind of pipe or pipes to put on my sled. I think the jaws twins are interesting but do not want to sacrifice the reliability that i have now. also in my experience with anything else that i have ever owned when you start to modify, you usually get into a bunch of unseen challenges. i usually ride at about the 3000-4000 ft above but do go to the mountains whenever i can find the time to do so. which at presently is about 2-3 times a year. i would like to know what i would need for clutching, ect so i can estimate cost and the parts required as well as fit and finish. I have alos looked on previous threads but do not feel i found the answers i was looking for.

Badnews

Reaction score
Clutching you are going to need a new set of weights, spring , helix designed for the proper elevation. I also have an 09 M1000 with boyesen reeds and a black magic can. Kicker is that as soon as i put the can on, it started a nasty bog at 6200 rpm. It would fall right on it's face.... it was horrible! Not 100% sure it was the can but long story short we ended up sending the ecu back for a reflash. I've burned 1 tank since the reflash and did not have a problem. A bit nervous to see what happens this season. Best thing to do is ask your dealer for what type of set up you are looking for. I deal with echo cycle of edmonton and they have been awesome, just tell them what you want to do and the'll figure out the small stuff.

Cheers bra!

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have a 09 M1000 as well I tried going with full speed werx pipe and nothing but problems. I run a Jaws can a Speed Werx Y, pipe air/Fuel Gauge I have a Pure Logic Fuel Control left on from the Speed werx pipe just because I dont want to take it off. I also have a set of Dalton Adjustable weights that work very good and a Cutler Secondary everything works great Id say Through a new can on and a Y pipe A set of adjustable weights and your off to the Hills

Top Bottom