looking for small sport bike for wife to learn on

hintonite

Reaction score
Looking for a small sport bike for the wife. She has a 500 shadow but sat on a 500 ninja and a 250 ninja and likes how nimble and light they are. If you have a unit for sale that would work, give me a call 780-817-5666

doo-guy

Reaction score
My daughter has a 500 Ninja and it's a great little bike. I think the 250 might be a bit shy on power for passing other vehicles.

hintonite

Reaction score
Just found a 2002 ninja 500. Should be good and light for her.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suzuki SV 650...pretty much any year is a great starter sport bike as well.... with loads of character from the 90deg V twin....does 210kph flat out...plenty for passing

Ninja 500 and 250 also great....parallel twins....I think have lower seat height as well

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup definately lower seat height! i had the 250 for a few months and wondered why after i rode it my knees were bothering me.. have the gixxer 600 now and LOVE it
She'll be happy w the bike, there light and nimble.. and the 250 is shy of power for passing no doubt about it.. actually was very nervous on the highways w it.. but w the 600 130 one handed is comfortable cruising.. so the 500 will be more 'confidence giving' im sure.. :)

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife, Mo Potato has an '06 SV650.

This is her first bike ever and she absolutely loves it.

She did lots of research and everyone agrees it's one of the best bikes to learn on.

hintonite

Reaction score
She took it out for a couple of rides now and is in love with it. We will see how long she can ride it for now.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friends wife here in Barrhead has a 08 Suzuiki 650 thumper for sale too. shes getting a bigger one after learning to ride that .email me for her name and phone number.

Crow22

Reaction score
The 250 ninja my wife had could pass a vehicle no problem, not as fast as a bigger bike but faster than most cars. It was a smaller bike, a 6' guy would be cramped any thing longer than 10 minutes. But if the wife is not a tall lady, might be just the bike to learn on. Buy it used & sell in a year or 2, depreciation is minimal. I think the biggest problem with the Ninja is it is not a cool cruiser, just a nice bike to learn on. Just my opinion,It is worth just what you paid for it...

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suzuki Gladius, Ninja 500, Ducati Monster 620 or 675, Suzuki GS500f are all good choices. Lowering kits work great as said before just have to be careful once she is more confident as the cornering clearance is sacrificed. Another great thing to look at is track days, i coach for One Track Mind out of Calgary when i can, it is a women's only (male coaches) track day company that gives ladies a good chance to really get to know their bikes and test their personal limits if they wish. Check out for more information.

Cheers

Top Bottom