Looking for Sledheads!!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Right on, now I don't feel so bad buying my 12 year old a mountain sled. Will be looking for good places to take him this winter. Tried the Crow last winter, because I heard it was Family friendly. Only prob. last year. No Snow! Went skiing instead at Fernie.

My boys first year to the mountains was last year he was on a 09 summit 146 at the beginning it was pretty slow going but by the end of season he was begging to ride my 163 and ripping all over its all about experience the more they ride the better they get heck I can't keep up to him on the dirt bikes this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
Thats awesome guys.

Its super to hear your getting your kids into it early.

Lets all stay in touch and get together for some mountain fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm down for trips out there most weekdays :)

My work schedule is 35 day rotations so when I'm home, its normally easy to get away for quick day trips or even the odd weekend.
Home again Nov 13th

RN

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My winter base is out of Edgewater. Just got laid off so I'll have lots of time to go riding this winter. Usually ride Silent or Forster. Get a couple Revy trips in too. Always looking for responsible partners to ride with. Let's hope for big snow this winter!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ever get up into the Mines ? ;)

jjmm2

Reaction score
I am up for ridding with a group. my duagther is going to be born in early december so i will try to get out a few times this year!

she is gonna be a sled head i hope!

Fahrns

Reaction score
Ever get up into the Mines ? ;)
No I haven't. Would love to explore there this winter. Not exactly sure where that is to be honest. I was checking it out on Google earth and I have an idea where. I'd also like to get up to Rockypoint. Heard the trail up last year was ****ty. Or maybe that was to keep me out of there! Haha

Untouchable

Reaction score
No I haven't. Would love to explore there this winter. Not exactly sure where that is to be honest. I was checking it out on Google earth and I have an idea where. I'd also like to get up to Rockypoint. Heard the trail up last year was ****ty. Or maybe that was to keep me out of there! Haha

The mines are over by the heli ski lodge down the Bobbi burns road. Let's do some riding this winter, I'm based out of Edgewater in the winter as well

JTaylor

Reaction score
I have a new job this year and will find more time to head to the mountains through the week and always looking for people to go with. ended up not going as much last year because of the snow and not being able to find others to ride with.
in the Calgary area, I got a 1 ton Dodge with sled deck, 14' 163" Summit X, Av backpack, Beacon, Shovel, probe and AST1 training and am a decent rider.
PM me with details

Koprla

Reaction score
I am also looking for people to ride with. I have a 2013 rmk pro 155 avy pack beacon pole and shovel.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Koprla

Reaction score
hahaha, awesome, we will have a great time then!!!

the snow is a coming and we need to take advantage my friends!!

are we all experienced riders here?

what are our work schedules like?

do you guys have the "Line" chat application on your phones?
Hope I can join you guys!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not recommended until January at least due to Avy Ally and alder heaven.

I'd agree with that statement, this is more of a mid to late season area. Pretty far in to have early season troubles. I'd also be into some new guys to explore with, and really interested in trying some new "out of the way" area...

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading out this weekend ? I'm looking to head out of Calgary tomorrow and ride a cpl days.... not sure if I'm gonna stay in Golden or head thru to Revy, (maybe Blue Lake).

As far as Silver Mines, it definitely helps to wait till the trail is already broke in there... ;)
But I'm one of the guys who breaks it in there. Love the hard work and busting trail and the best part of it is the fresh snow all the time. Never had a bad ride in there, even if didn't make it all the way back each time. Ive been into the majority of the areas there, easily before Xmas every year, just depends on the snow.
I don't ever force anyone to go, but always a blast getting in and out.

Let's ride :)

Top Bottom