Looking for quad friendly fishing spots!

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
starting to get a little frustrated here guys, i have been looking, and as time is running out to find a place to go on the may long weekend i thought i would turn it to the snow and mud guys. Where can a guy go fishing and quading? so many campsites prohibit atv use its hard to tell which ones allow it. I would prefer something within 2 hours of edmonton but any spots that are worth checking out would be much appretiated.

Depending on you guys.........no pressure.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm pretty sure your fishing won't be all that great unless you fish in a stocked lake as fishing season is CLOSED for May long. Most stocked lakes are provincial parks and are not quad friendly. Carson Lake is a fun lake to fish all year long but again they don't allow quads in the park. Good Luck

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most lakes are closed april 1 to may 15. only thing closed are rivers and streams.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are a few different lakes up this way that you can ride around, but mostly because there's not many people there. only problem is that it would be a minimum 4 or 5 hr drive.....Haig Lake near Cadotte, Sawn Lake near Cadotte, Sulphur Lake west of Dixonville, Peerless Lake and Graham Lake northeast of Red Earth, Utikima and Utikamasis near Gift Lake, everything from walleye to trout, pike and whitefish, perch and burbot, and miles of cutlines and swamp to play in. no showers, water, or power, but hey, who needs that stuff anyways.....lol. if you're into making the trip, let me know and I can give you detailed directions and fish species of each lake.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably wont go that far for the may long, but 2nd week in june we are making a 4 or 5 day trip. might have to stray a bit further, we were planning on going to seinert lake by lac la biche.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We go up to the wheeler river system sof of the key lake mine in sask its a lot of work but you can quad to a different lk every day i joined the meter club caught a northern 44 inchs long 27 lbs there are some big fish up there

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We go up to the wheeler river system sof of the key lake mine in sask its a lot of work but you can quad to a different lk every day i joined the meter club caught a northern 44 inchs long 27 lbs there are some big fish up there
you've piqued my interest, what do you use for a boat over there? do you need the quad to get to the lakes? I've heard a lot of good things about fishing in Sask, I have a friend that lives in Leader that has been wanting me to head over there and do some fishing. I've been going to Fort Providence in the NWT the last few years, big fish but the insects are insane....

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably wont go that far for the may long, but 2nd week in june we are making a 4 or 5 day trip. might have to stray a bit further, we were planning on going to seinert lake by lac la biche.

Do you mean sebert lake? Its kinda between st.paul and lac la biche. quaded there once and it was a blast and there is a map for the trails but not sure where to get it.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you've piqued my interest, what do you use for a boat over there? do you need the quad to get to the lakes? I've heard a lot of good things about fishing in Sask, I have a friend that lives in Leader that has been wanting me to head over there and do some fishing. I've been going to Fort Providence in the NWT the last few years, big fish but the insects are insane....
Were to start last trip 15 guys 5 trucks 5trailers 15 quads 5 boats and motors two spares (boats 12 ft with 9.9) 5 quad trailers we use to haul the boats in to the lakes two generators one fridge one deep freeze one truck load of beer one 400 litre slip tank for gas by now your getting the idea great bunch of guys i didnt mention 5 flat tires To get where we go find on the map pine house go north 212 km turn left down a cut line for 15 k (it would be w of the key lake mine in northern sask approx 9 hrs from lloyd depending on flats another thing 3 compressers and lots of tire kits its a blast and the bugs will carry you away but the fishing is awsome the beer is good so to hell with the bugs lol

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean sebert lake? Its kinda between st.paul and lac la biche. quaded there once and it was a blast and there is a map for the trails but not sure where to get it.
I been to seibert lk a couple of times fishing was slow didnot quad up there some big holes on the road when we went The one i was at was w of lacory on highway 55

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are a few different lakes up this way that you can ride around, but mostly because there's not many people there. only problem is that it would be a minimum 4 or 5 hr drive.....Haig Lake near Cadotte, Sawn Lake near Cadotte, Sulphur Lake west of Dixonville, Peerless Lake and Graham Lake northeast of Red Earth, Utikima and Utikamasis near Gift Lake, everything from walleye to trout, pike and whitefish, perch and burbot, and miles of cutlines and swamp to play in. no showers, water, or power, but hey, who needs that stuff anyways.....lol. if you're into making the trip, let me know and I can give you detailed directions and fish species of each lake.

Teeroy, me and my dad have been looking for some spots around this PR area to do some fishing... directions and species would be appreciated! :specool::hand:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy, me and my dad have been looking for some spots around this PR area to do some fishing... directions and species would be appreciated! :specool::hand:
just fishing, or quading and fishing? there are a few stocked Rainbow trout ponds close to you, right at the St.Isidore turnoff (hwy 688 & hwy 2) there is a stocked pond there, or Figure Eight Lake west of Grimshaw - no gas motors on Figure Eight. a little farther but good fishing is Haig Lake, just before Cadotte Lake on hwy 986, turn left and about 45kms in. Walleye and Pike there, gas motors permitted. Cummings lake north of Fairview is stocked with yellow Perch, Rainbow trout, and Brown trout, electric motors only.

there are quite a few decent fishing spots around, just depends how far you are willing to travel. now I'm jonesing for a feed of fish.....:D

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just fishing, or quading and fishing? there are a few stocked Rainbow trout ponds close to you, right at the St.Isidore turnoff (hwy 688 & hwy 2) there is a stocked pond there, or Figure Eight Lake west of Grimshaw - no gas motors on Figure Eight. a little farther but good fishing is Haig Lake, just before Cadotte Lake on hwy 986, turn left and about 45kms in. Walleye and Pike there, gas motors permitted. Cummings lake north of Fairview is stocked with yellow Perch, Rainbow trout, and Brown trout, electric motors only.

there are quite a few decent fishing spots around, just depends how far you are willing to travel. now I'm jonesing for a feed of fish.....:D

Thanks Teeroy! I'm gonna have to check these spots out! Throwing a line in the bathtub and never getting any bites let alone any nibbles just isn't cutting it for me anymore!! :rollinglaugh:

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your in the wrong province...come to northern sask and ill show you what fishing is all about!!

Well Said. Manitoba and Northern Sask is where it's at.
Might be going for a nice long fishing trip sometime this summer in Northern Sask with my Dad and Uncles. Those trips are always a good time.
Any recomendations for places to fish in Northern Sask?

AC4life

Reaction score
I live in the Meadow Lake area. I will list off a few lakes that are within an hour of where i live that have great fishing for perch, walley, Lake trout, Jack, and burbot. Makwa Lake and Jumbo Beach (located near Loon lake) has good fishing for jack and the walley are biting right now like crazy. Ussually the first couple weeks the ice comes off the lake the walley really bite. If you want to go further north there is Keeley Lake (nice lake trout), Canoe Lake, Jeannotte Lake, Waterhen Lake, Greg Lake, Green Lake, Lac la plonge...and those are just the lakes that are easily accesable with a vehicle. If you want to get into the lakes that are accesible with a quad and a tin can ill need a lot more time and space.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone ever been to mink lake up by high prarie?
if you mean the one between hwy 986 and hwy 750, in between Gift Lake and Little Buffalo on the Husky road (old Unocal road), then yes. used to be great Perch fishing there, Pike are pretty small (hammer handles we call them). did a lot of ice fishing there over the years, only been there a few times in the summer. lake is pretty shallow at the shore, you have to paddle out a ways before firing up the kicker.

if you're coming this far, a better spot would be Utikamasis Lake. there is camping facilities, a boat launch and very good fishing there. you have to buy a $5 permit at the Gift Lake store (native extortion) because part of the lake is on the reserve. Pike, Walleye, Perch, and Burbot in there. never had bad luck at that lake.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably no quadding on the comanche land either?
no worries there, it is their main mode of transportation. you will see 10 yr old kids riding snorkled 800 outlanders with no helmets, at all hours....lol.

fins and feathers make an appearance there once in a while, but just to check for fishing licenses. never been hassled about the quads, or sleds while ice fishing there.

Top Bottom