looking for parts for 99 summit x 670

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it manages your spark timing etc. are you sure its both cdi and the dess switch or just the dess switch?

cowboy79

Reaction score
This is the whole story.The tether was messing up. A dealer told me I could bypass the tether, so I found the hot wires on the tether and tied them together. It ran for about 10-15 sec. but didn't go over a idle. Now I have no spark. I put the tether back on and still no spark.A different dealer said I smoked the c.d.i. box and I would have to get a new tether and box and take it in to have it programed together.What I was thinking was I could get a used tether & box and I wouldn't have to have it programed.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey give 99summitx a shout he has a parts sled may have just what you need. maybe even the whole sled.:beer:

cowboy79

Reaction score
Talking to a guy that has the parts.I emailed 99summitx and he sold the electrical stuff.Thanks!!!!

Need to know if that sound like whats wrong with it.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the whole story.The tether was messing up. A dealer told me I could bypass the tether, so I found the hot wires on the tether and tied them together. It ran for about 10-15 sec. but didn't go over a idle. Now I have no spark. I put the tether back on and still no spark.A different dealer said I smoked the c.d.i. box and I would have to get a new tether and box and take it in to have it programed together.What I was thinking was I could get a used tether & box and I wouldn't have to have it programed.

sounds like it could be the issue. i know it can be bypassed though because the kids uncle has it bypassed on his. not sure how they did it, neither is he. he said he lost the tether one day and just cut and twisted the wires and away she went.:rolleyes::rolleyes: all i know is it has been bypassed and it works. good luck looking for parts. not sure if you can doo it but you could try putting an older model cdi into it as well.

Top Bottom