Looking for New Sledding Gear

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new jacket and maybe a set of bibs. Not too fussy on brand. Anybody know of any smokin, off season deals out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have found the best deals are at the sled shows in Edmonton and Saskatoon. Early on the first day has the best selections for color and sizes. Most of the smoking' deals are on non-current items.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found the best deals are at the sled shows in Edmonton and Saskatoon. Early on the first day has the best selections for color and sizes. Most of the smoking' deals are on non-current items.

Never been out to the Edmonton show but I'm at the one in Stoon every year. A few years back, apparently there was a Klim rep there blowing out gear at crazy prices. It was the first day, like you said, and I wasn't there. :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Never been out to the Edmonton show but I'm at the one in Stoon every year. A few years back, apparently there was a Klim rep there blowing out gear at crazy prices. It was the first day, like you said, and I wasn't there. :(

Martin Motor Sports usually has a huge space with new and non-current gear (MotorFist and Klim) and industry reps as well. Wait in line or find someone to get you in the back door and be in the booth for opening time. Best selection and best pricing.

owen.klassen

Reaction score
Martins always has a good section of non current gear on sale on there website, free shipping on orders over $150.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim doesn't have the level of non-currents as they have had in the past. I wouldn't expect to find nearly as much selection this fall.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for steering me towards martins. They got some good deals on Klim jackets. Next question is what model do I want? I've never been into gear much so I've never really paid much attention. Always maxed out my sledding budget (which is very small with 3 young girls at home!) on sleds and parts. I've always just used a skiing type jacket that I bought at sport check like 10 years ago. So what Klim model would work best for me? I'm not so much worried about warmth. More worried about it keeping my dry and not being heavy and not constricting movement.

owen.klassen

Reaction score
Not to familiar with the Klim Jackets. I just use the gloves but I would just look for more of a shell if that's the case.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for steering me towards martins. They got some good deals on Klim jackets. Next question is what model do I want? I've never been into gear much so I've never really paid much attention. Always maxed out my sledding budget (which is very small with 3 young girls at home!) on sleds and parts. I've always just used a skiing type jacket that I bought at sport check like 10 years ago. So what Klim model would work best for me? I'm not so much worried about warmth. More worried about it keeping my dry and not being heavy and not constricting movement.

My personal favorite is the Stealth, but it's not as nice of an "all around" shell as a Valdez. If you have any intention of wearing it out here in the Prairies, I find the Stealth to be just alittle too thin considering the wind we get. The Valdez is a true do all jacket when properly layered. It's very similar to a Keewenaw minus the insulation. A Tomahawk or Storm I've never really warmed up to. The fit is slightly different than the Valdez.

Good Luck

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal favorite is the Stealth, but it's not as nice of an "all around" shell as a Valdez. If you have any intention of wearing it out here in the Prairies, I find the Stealth to be just alittle too thin considering the wind we get. The Valdez is a true do all jacket when properly layered. It's very similar to a Keewenaw minus the insulation. A Tomahawk or Storm I've never really warmed up to. The fit is slightly different than the Valdez.

Good Luck

I was skeptical 3 years ago buying a 600$ shell but I'm still to this day impressed with my Valdez coat! Unreal waterproof in the rain, 2 long sleeves under it at -25 all day, and open zipped at 15 above! I have a lightly insulated bib, Klimate I think. LOVE THEM

The stretch of the Stealth gore-tex would be nice, I'd like to try it but $$ and my gear is 99% still. small burn from a snowbike pipe and a small cut from those damn PRO running boards!!

Last edited:

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check your local shops, and most have a rack full of non-current jackets at reduced pricing.
I have a mix-match of clothing. My Motorfist Redline jacket picked up at Edm show. Excellent jacket in cold and spring time.
Walked into my local Polaris dealer last summer, and purchased a set of non-current Poo bibs. Top of the line product at a great price, only cause they changed the color.
Not a Doo rider but was in one of the calgary dealers, and they had lots of non current jackets at super reduced prices. If it didn't have Doo labeled all over, I would have taken one.
Did pick up a few mid layer clothes, motorfist stuff at 80% off.
Point being most shops have this stuff, just have to walk past the fancy new display and go to the back rack.

Top Bottom