looking for info on 09 850's

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to look at an 09 850XP tomorrow and wondering if there's anything in particular i should watch for on these units or have they been a fairly solid unit? I thought i read some where about a recall that they had but don't think there was any info as to what the recall was. Thanks for your help.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09. Have done a few things to it. Some may have been caused by me.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I ended up buying it yesterday for 5700.00, not to bad of a deal i think however it could use ball joints and breaks, runs great and looks great.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I ended up buying it yesterday for 5700.00, not to bad of a deal i think however it could use ball joints and breaks, runs great and looks great.

Congrats on the purchase gibsons. The 850s are a nice machine, i think youll be satisfied. Welcome to the Polaris dark side:beer:

Sent while not working too hard

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Real good deal if the km arn't to high. Grease it often and ride it hard. Enjoy your new toy.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
milage might be a little high, it has 1800 miles on it. had it out for a few hours today, runs great, tons of power, very happy.

tool_man

Reaction score
Good price.........buddy has one no issues since new and runs big rubber no clutch kit.

05xc7

Reaction score
Ball joints were one thing in the recal, also crank case vent had some issues and could suck oil into air box. Great maching put 2700 miles on mine in a year, rode like nothing else out there. Loved but sold it and went back to sport quad. Brake pads go alot if you play in the mud alot. I found the clutching to be lame for my kind of riding but worked well in the mud and with big tires. I clutched, power commander, exhaust, air intake mods. It was a strong runner. Only issues I can think of is the spike load dampener when running big tires could need eliminating.

Top Bottom