Looking for Field Stones

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, my wife has me doing landscaping and i am looking for field stones (6"-9"). Any one in the Spruce Grove area have some that they want to get ride of? This is only somewhat related to sledding but if i don't get this job done soon i will be on the S%$# list when the snow fly's.

PM me if someone (farmer or landowner) has field stones that they are looking at getting ride of. Willing to drive and pick up.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on down. You pick them, you can have them. I know of a few good places where you could start. Saves me having to go out in the spring and pick them...

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, my wife has me doing landscaping and i am looking for field stones (6"-9"). Any one in the Spruce Grove area have some that they want to get ride of? This is only somewhat related to sledding but if i don't get this job done soon i will be on the S%$# list when the snow fly's.

PM me if someone (farmer or landowner) has field stones that they are looking at getting ride of. Willing to drive and pick up.

probably get a better response if you went into the farmer talk thread. Just sayin'

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe river rock would be easier to collect....just a suggestion. I guess it depends on the "landscaping project" but maybe larger mountain rock would also work. Just throwing things out there....

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 201

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have TONS. You can have as many as you want. We start at 7:30 AM from Mid to Late May to the 6th of July (Weather permitting). Wages start at $8.50 an hour and go up depending on skill and performance. Also full time position available if your the right kind of person. PM if your interested. :rolleyes:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive downn some backroads outside of town lots of farmers got piles in the corner of the fields.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drive downn some backroads outside of town lots of farmers got piles in the corner of the fields.

the wife and I spend a saturday driving south of spruce grove and dident see a single pile close to the road. You wouldent think that finding rocks would be so much work. does any one know of a farmer who is around Spruce Grove AB who has a rock pile that i can raid???

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try going for a drive north of keephills along the river should be lots of piles out there. always see them but cant remember where any of them are now lol

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. We did the same thing, and what a pile of work. Really.... gotta keep the boss happy. We got two rock that weight about 4500#-5000# each. What a trailer load!!! Sorry, the place were I got these ones is not available anymore.(New owners) Good luck

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I live east of sherwood park and have a couple piles and we have some big rocks too.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From Secondary 627, if you were to travel South on RR33 (by Keephills) down to the River, there is a Parkland County gravel pit. You can access the river there and you will find all the river stones / field stones you want. Its all pit run down there. Another option for you anyways. :) :beer:

Top Bottom