Looking for ATV Guide for RMH/Nordegg

Denali4me

Reaction score
I am planning to organize an overnight ride for 8-10 intermediate/expert riders sometime this summer. We would like to hire a guide as we have never ridden the area before. If anybody has any contact info they could pass on, please PM me. Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadster from here knows that area like the back of his hand

I do too, but don't live there anymore

oldrzr

Reaction score
A good place to go around Rocky is south and camp at the Outwest Campground or there is lots of bush camping around there as well. We have rode for a 1000 miles or so around there the last 5 years and still lots of areas we haven't even touched. We just go and explore different trails. If you want mud go south of the highway and there is lots good trail riding north of the highway. I went to the Map shop and got maps of the area and thats pretty much all i use to get around.
Let me know when your going. We are scheduled to be there end of July till August 7th. Would also like to make the Snow and Mud jamboree in July as well.
Take care

Denali4me

Reaction score
Looking to get the best ride possible while loaded with camping gear, food, and booze. We would like to camp overnight in a remote location with good fishing. We also prefer not to stage from a campground, for obvious reasons. We will probably have a couple Can-Ams in the group, so having rescue roads close by would be a bonus. :0

Do you accept CASH??

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us usually do this in spring while the skeg still has a bottom to it. We contact Hala Adventures at Horburg and they let us park our vehicles in their fenced yard for $10/vehicle. We then ride from there to the Nordegg Hotel and ride back in the morning. If you were to go that route, you'd definitely want someone who knows the area extremely well, since making it to the Nordegg Hotel before they close (10pm) can be difficult if you have issues along the way. It usually takes us about 12 hours to get to Nordegg and about 6-7 to get back to Horburg.

Hadster is definitely the guy to guide you if you go that route. Making the trip and camping in or around Noregg seems like a tough time. It's close to 100km one way with a few sections of mud, skeg, and adverse terrain - might be difficult to pack all your stuff and keep it dry while still making room for emergency supplies, tools, booze, etc..

Denali4me

Reaction score
Thinking about a 5-6 hour ride, including refreshment breaks, on Saturday and back on Sunday. We'll stick to camping as we do our hotel trip each year down to Blairmore. We've done overnighters before, but always west of Sundre.

Anybody have contact info for this Hadster fella?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have his cell yes, but pm him on here first

5-6 hour ride isn't very long or far, just saying

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have his cell yes, but pm him on here first

5-6 hour ride isn't very long or far, just saying

We can't give out his number. Try pm him on here.

I agree with Tex 5-6 hr is not far in that area.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the area fairly well, but my timing would most likely not work out for you. It would be hard for me to guide since I'm not a pup-tent fellow as I always return to my pick-up truck that has full live in quarters, so this won't work if I'm doing pick-up truck camping, and your tenting in the woods Denali.

Hadster is your best bet, and another option is wing it since there is so much to see at every turn. I'll pm you with more info on the 4 corners of what to expect. As for fishing, its a hit and miss area since its tuff going for the best of fly or spin cast on the creeks or North Saskatchewan River, but there are 2 trout stock ponds close to Nordegg if catching fish is a must,,, it ain't like 6 lakes North of Ft Mac were you catch your limit in a few hours.

There is no wrong turns when you are in the Nordegg area as the place is simply awesome at every turn, so I'll send you some starting point of crown land staging areas that will cost you nothing, then you can venture from there to your harts content.

The Nordegg I ride is 517 kms square. It starts West of Rocky Mt House to Abraham Lk """East to West""".

"""North to South""" is Brazoo Dam to hwy 752 Cow Lk road. Pretty big Nordegg area for sure, like I said, there ain't no wrong turns.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/52.3...@52.5781512,-116.6679949,8z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

Pal Lem. Post #38 to #43 is a small part of the Northern section of the Block. https://www.snowandmud.com/alberta/104014-lost-west.html

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Hadster. He will login to site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom