Looking for any updates on Fernie conditions

chaser

Reaction score
Thinking of heading up to Fernie on Sunday. Does anyone have any updates on snow condition?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thinking of heading up to Fernie on Sunday. Does anyone have any updates on snow condition?

also bring your shovel, probe and peeps! It is deep and the trail is not groomed because we can't groom mush. At the summit it is nice spring riding and around 1:00 pm the snow is like glue......

kellyc_24

Reaction score
We had 2 awesome days at coal creek, here is a couple pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 432
  • P4060456.jpg
    P4060456.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 432
  • P4070471.jpg
    P4070471.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 428

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow's great; just a little tough getting to it. Deck time of the year. Drive to snow line and give'r......:d:d:d

You could still park in the parking lot with a 4 place at the yellow gates a week ago, still awesome snow up top, lots of riding left. Doug it looks like I missed you by a day last weekend. We rode the hills and over to wranglers on friday. on our little adventure last time we were only about 500m from the trail when we turned around on the way back through, and we drove by so many nice play areas we could not see that day....stupid bad visability

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow's great; just a little tough getting to it. Deck time of the year. Drive to snow line and give'r......:d:d:d

Thanks Ferniesnow for the update.
Have a 2 place enclosed trailer, not a deck. Going to be in Fernie on Saturday around noon and was hoping to go for a ride. Never rode Fernie before so I guess I might have to wait until next year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You could still park in the parking lot with a 4 place at the yellow gates a week ago, still awesome snow up top, lots of riding left. Doug it looks like I missed you by a day last weekend. We rode the hills and over to wranglers on friday. on our little adventure last time we were only about 500m from the trail when we turned around on the way back through, and we drove by so many nice play areas we could not see that day....stupid bad visability

Oh ya' that's the way it goes. Close but no cigar and if one gets into a creek or gulley so that you get turned around it can be a long night.

That road in from the yellow gates should be a lot of dirt now. You could get a trailer to the bridge on Coal Creek but there will be some dirt and road to ride before one gets to the snow line. Particularly with a trailer.

QPDO

Reaction score
sledhead5000

Im new to snow and mud, but i am hoping to make it out this weekend, but have no one to go with. Definitely interested

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went for a ride on Sunday May 1st.
We parked at the tin shack and rode the pipeline all the way back to the Notch.
I have never been down that way and rode the pipeline in such smooth condition,most of the ride was at high speed with a couple of miles of rough as he!! trail near the shack.
Snow was hard in the morning but as it warmed up the snow softened and we had a great time.
There are lots of creeks opening up on the pipeline so I guess riding in on the pipeline may come to an end this week.

Top Bottom