looking for an expert tunner on a pure logic box

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have an 08 nytro on boost runs 16 17 on air fuel gauge at idel an running straight race fuel so i need help tunning it thanks colin:d

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one guy that helped me alot was Jarrid at Absolute Power. If you need his number PM myself.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have an 08 nytro on boost runs 16 17 on air fuel gaugeat idel an running straight race fuel so i need help tunning it thanks colin:d

from what i have learned it is supposed to be lean at an idle... which 16 is nice and lean... to lean for WOT but fine at an idle... what A/F ratios are you making at WOT?(wide open throttle)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELL took it for a pull in the field tonight 17 at idle and 12 to 13 at wot man it pulls like a frieght train so ithink it will just half to run lean at an idle and do i have to change the numbers when i go to the mountains:)

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELL took it for a pull in the field tonight 17 at idle and 12 to 13 at wot man it pulls like a frieght train so ithink it will just half to run lean at an idle and do i have to change the numbers when i go to the mountains:)

thats like perfect... maybe a tad lean at an idle but it doens't matter... no load on the engine... u will never wreck your engine being lean at an idle... yea 12-13 at wot is right where you want to be to run hard... no higher tho at wot .... 11.5-12.5 is safe and will run hard so you are good. you will probably have to change your numbers for in the mountains... but not sure how the pure logic box works... maybe it compensates on its own? i dont' know... i know on my boondocker box for my turbo i have to change my numbers from down low to higher elevations... what to change them to... i have no idea!

also a side note... 15 lbs boost at sealevel isn't the same as 15 lbs boost at 6000 feet... i was originally under the impression that it was because you have 15 lbs no matter what but the kicker is .... that your boost pressure is relative to the atmospheric pressure... so at sealevel its atmosphere +15 lbs... at elevation its atmosphere + 15 lbs... and the atmospheric pressure is different obviously!

so from waht i've been told on my 2 stroke is that 6 or 7 lbs boost at like 2000 ft is similar to 10lbs boost at 6000 ft... so im not sure what the comparison will be for your 4 stroke but just something to keep in mind.

Ryan

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again ryan helps me out alot still dont know too much about 4 strokes but iam learning:)

Top Bottom