Looking for advice on installing fire and ice vents on pro

Daniel475

Reaction score
I have the nose cone carbon fiber vents and the lower side panel ones, was curious what would be easiest to make a nice easy clean install.. was thinking of using a hole saw up front on the nose cone vs cutting a big triangle out thought it might weaken the plastic ... any ideas on whats the best way to approach this!

Thanks

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all the venting I have ever done I have always used the hole saw approach as I believe the cut out weakens that area. Just my opinion good luck

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the hole saw idea, I used different sizes to get as much open area as I could. Good luck

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Done a lot of vents in my time and I think the drill and a large bit works best wtithout weakening the hood, hole saw would be my second choice ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382929368.591762.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Daniel475

Reaction score
Only problem im having with the hole saw is one the left hand side if your sitting on the sled , there is some valcro type material on the inside , im assuming to protect the plastic from the pipe, its getting caught all up in the hole saw bit , not sure if this is needed or what?

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cut out the whole area for my hood and foot well i did leave vertical strips of plastic for the side panels for strength and a strip on the shock tower. i haven't had any issue's, hood didn't seem to lose any rigidity. Best pics i can find

IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1436.jpg

Last edited:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem im having with the hole saw is one the left hand side if your sitting on the sled , there is some valcro type material on the inside , im assuming to protect the plastic from the pipe, its getting caught all up in the hole saw bit , not sure if this is needed or what?
\
trim on the inside with a knife first where your going to be drilling. you can also just use drill bits and drill a ton of holes if you fins this to be easier.

Daniel475

Reaction score
Went with the Holesaw approach , worked well , will post some pics !

Top Bottom