Looking for a new truck (titan, tundra, silverado, ram 1500?)

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Ford.
Them foreign things don't compare at all to American trucks. They look good on paper but they just can't compare.

-Posted with my iPhone.

09FordFx4

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe. They have always been cheaper in the states.

-Posted with my iPhone.

ckmoose

Reaction score
I have an 08 Tundra SR5 with 186000 kms on it. Had the power steering go on it and that's about it.

About 75000 kms were truly oilfield roads, as I live in Whitecourt close to the bad roads.

When playing, I throw my outlander quad in the back and hook onto my 31ft (34ft overall) bumper pull holiday trailer and all the dry camping stuff. With 10 ply tires and airbags, it handles it very well. I know, I know way over weight!

I've pulled the trailer (without quad) to Seattle and back with this truck with zero issues.

It a gas motor, so loves the fuel when pulling, but what gas truck doesn't.

I would highly recommend a Tundra! I love my truck!! I love the built for drivers feel the interior gives me.

tmurphy

Reaction score
I drove a Tundra for 4 years with no issues. I switched to a 2011 F350 for hauling purposes. Probably going back to the Tundra ASAP.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love, love, love my 05 Titan Crew Cab LE 4x4! First vehicle in many years that I plan on keeping for a long time.

Stay away from 04"s and early build 05's. Although most 05's don"t have any issues.

As for fuel mileage with the Titans, I figure it has more to with the inability of most to keep off the pedal. Soooo much torque = soooo much fun.

I have done a few things to my truck which have improved it tremendously. Programmer and running premium fuel upped the mileage and performance a little, but now I have a real problem staying off the pedal! Especially after removing low end throttle resistriction and better flowing exhaust. You can add an aftermarket air intake or do a very simple mod to the factory box for improved air flow. Bilstein shocks and struts make the truck ride amazing. I honestly think there are no better shocks and struts than Bilstein.

Done a few other small things but I can't tell you since I like having the fastest Titan in town.

A little more money involved, but a True Trac rearend is a fantastic upgrade. This is the rear end all trucks should have. No more one wheel peel. Helical gear limited slip. Should work very well this winter.

Titan is fun to drive, gobs of torque, light and 4 wheels pretty good too. Pulls our trailer real well. Likes to work hard. Not shy of revving high. Two of my neighbours bought Titans after spending time in mine.

I know a lot about these trucks and would be happy to answer any questions. You could nose around on Titan Talk too and see what guys are saying over there.

jaredszakacs.....I was going to stop in and see you this summer while we were in Kimberley. Went to Cranbrook twice and forgot. Next time.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the states pricing is higher now. I know for a fact cause i'm at auto auctions every second week in spokane and boise and the pricing now is pretty high

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ZRrrr

Yeah I already found titantalk .. these forums will be the end of my bank account (s&m and dootalk DON"T HELP EITHER :D)

Found an 06 Titan LE k/c with 137,000 ks on it.. going to have it inspected and probably buy it. Sled fits in the bed and the interior is pretty damn nice for the price. 07+ Tundra's are pretty awesome but i'll be back to square one financially (may as well have kept my 07 ram 3500)

There has to be a reason why tacomas and tundras are so overpriced (stupid high demand) .. but for that same reason I can't really afford a nice one. If the 1st gen tundras weren't so damn ugly I could still consider one.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my 07 ram 3500 over the weekend (truck payments were cutting into sled parts budget, Also selling my alum deck)

Looking for a new truck to throw my sled on .. Looked at a couple of Titan's and a Tundra around 10k budget.

I like the looks of the Titan's and they have a bigger engine and seem to be optioned nicer for the price of the Tundras

Anyone here drive one of these jap trucks ? any input ?

I could also look at silverado or ram 1500s, but I think i'd rather go with a Titan or Tundra

The titan has those nice cargo rails that I could build some sort of a DYI loading ramp / deck with

The other thing is, the Titans I've looked at our the crew cab ones with a 5.5' bed (7.5' with the tail gate down) .. I guess that's pushing it a little with a 156 track but it should be ok. My deck was only 8' long so what's 6" shorter !?

Anyway . let me know what you think.. cheers

The titan is nice for sure but I hear they're real fuel pigs! My nieghbor says his suburban was better on fuel...

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The titan is nice for sure but I hear they're real fuel pigs! My nieghbor says his suburban was better on fuel...

I guess I have to prepare myself for that!

It'll surely be cheaper than making payments on my $30k ram 3500 !!! and with the money saved, i'll be able to buy a beater to drive around in.

Top Bottom