Looking for a kids dirt bike and entry level adult bike

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking for a kids dirt bike PW50 CRF50 or similar, would be cool if it has the balance wheels (training wheels).

Also looking for an entry level adult dirt bike, Mama wants to learn to ride a dirt bike, don't want to spend huge coin on this one, but will entertain what you've got.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tyler,

Lots of good bikes out there. If your having trouble finding the training wheels let me know I do have a set I can part with but I recommend not using them. The kids had more wrecks because of them than anything.

For ladies bikes, depending on her size I would go at least a 150 four stroke. They are lite and not much for bottom end torque. I bought my wife's first bike this spring, a klx 230R. It's stands a fare bit taller over the 150s but she can be a bit of a throttle junkie and I didn't want her to be under powered. I would also recommend electric start and kick stand. It just makes their and your life much easier and her experience more enjoyable.

Just my two pennies worth

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You missed my purge by a couple months.

Next one we will part with will be a ktm 50 sx.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You missed my purge by a couple months.

Next one we will part with will be a ktm 50 sx.
We went to the NASTE harescramble and mama went on a ride with a bunch of ladies on bikes with her quad. She felt she was holding them up and now wants to try 2 wheels...... She keeps sending me marketplace ads on Facebook......

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bikes are awesome! Good luck on your search! The little bikes hold their value after they have left the showroom floor. Buy it if you see one!

How old is your kid?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to the NASTE harescramble and mama went on a ride with a bunch of ladies on bikes with her quad. She felt she was holding them up and now wants to try 2 wheels...... She keeps sending me marketplace ads on Facebook......
👍👊🍺. Vega is wicked on a bike!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bikes are awesome! Good luck on your search! The little bikes hold their value after they have left the showroom floor. Buy it if you see one!

How old is your kid?
He's 5.5 he'll be 6 in December

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much sence buying a used 50cc bike at new price when you can get a new one at the same value... my buddy went new since the used market 50 units are the same costs...

Find a bike height thats comfortable for the misses and you'll be golden...

Pick a flat spot with a few features too play on,,, that helps build rider confidence...

Good times for sure

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not much sence buying a used 50cc bike at new price when you can get a new one at the same value... my buddy went new since the used market 50 units are the same costs...

Pick a flat spot with a few features too play on,,, that helps build rider confidence...

Good times for sure
Thanks Lem

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good times for sure

I agree with this, last I looked Honda had the CRF50F at $300off, which puts it at $2400 + tax

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends if you’re good at shopping. Yes there are a lot of people still asking high prices for used but that doesn’t mean they will sell now that there is inventory sitting in the dealers new.

When these little bike get posted at the proper prices they sell the day they are listed. If you aren’t paying attention you would not even see them.

If you find one for $1500 you save $1000 right now even with that $300 rebate. Then in a few years you can sell it for $1450 and your price of ownership will be $50.

But it new, Your kid will crash it on the first day, punch the bars through the grips, tweek or break the throttle cable, and scratch the fenders. Then it’s worth the same $1500 as every other one and your cost of ownership when you sell it will be $1000. It does look good while you drive it home though!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few at $1700. Make them an offer or wait for another month.

I sold one for $1200 a month ago.

Attachments

• IMG_6690.png
    IMG_6690.png
    502.3 KB · Views: 71

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those ktm 65 are a pretty sweet little bike, nephew has one and it gets along great

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Those ktm 65 are a pretty sweet little bike, nephew has one and it gets along great
for the boy I'll probably grab a PW50 or PW80..... for her, I want her to get on a bike and try it before we invest in one

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers,,, kids grow up fast...

They start off on a 50cc ,,, the next day they want a cr 500...

Lol

Top Bottom