Looking for a good used bike lift

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy one from those guys. It was about 1100 for one with the side extensions. I waited form them as they were out of stock and they said they would get more in a week. After three weeks I cancelled the order and had one shipped from Calgary. It was about 250 more but they had them in stock and I had it in two days. Works awesome. With the weight I have had on it, I can say don't cheap out. IE; don't buy the $500 from princess auto. I also mounted glides on mine for the sled.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 1000lb lift from Princess Auto for $599.00, and could not be happier. I've had anything from dirt bikes to Goldwings on it with no problems what-so-ever.

I upgraded the wheel chock to the (Below) stand, as the included chock was a piece of ****

I recommend this combination

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 1000lb lift from Princess Auto for $599.00, and could not be happier. I've had anything from dirt bikes to Goldwings on it with no problems what-so-ever.

I upgraded the wheel chock to the (Below) stand, as the included chock was a piece of ****

I recommend this combination
You have to build sides for it to lift a quad or sled. Not a big deal but add up time and materials and I am glad I went with the heavier lift. The PA lift is good for the price if you are only lifting bikes.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, I'm just building bikes, on my bike lift.

You have to build sides for it to lift a quad or sled. Not a big deal but add up time and materials and I am glad I went with the heavier lift. The PA lift is good for the price if you are only lifting bikes.

whiteface

Reaction score
I'm quite interested on getting one soon, but my I ask how you guys maintain such tool in a regular basis and what the cost?

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havn't had to do a thing to mine yet, but i suppose over time you might be replacing an o-ring or 2 in the ram. There really isn't much to go wrong with them....keep the joints greased, and it should last forever.

I'm quite interested on getting one soon, but my I ask how you guys maintain such tool in a regular basis and what the cost?

whiteface

Reaction score
I havn't had to do a thing to mine yet, but i suppose over time you might be replacing an o-ring or 2 in the ram. There really isn't much to go wrong with them....keep the joints greased, and it should last forever.

So it's almost maintenance free. Thanks heavyd for the info I hope I can find a good deal somewhere.

Top Bottom