Looking for a good Home Inspector for Acreage in Sherwood Park...

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We planning to move out to an acreage in Sherwood Park - soon.

Anyone have any good home inspectors that they would recommend?

I know it doesn't take much to be called a "home inspector" and I've read past S&M posts, that most think a guy should just get a certified carpenter to do the inspection instead; as they have little faith in the current trade of home inspectors.

But I'd like to think there are still some good qualified home inspectors out there with a excellent knowledge base from working years in the field.

Any references would be of great help to us.

thanks!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used Cabin to Castle Home Inspections when we purchased our acreage south of Onoway. Two inspectors came out and were very thorough when they looked over the house and shop. Reasonably priced and after they go through all their findings or concerns and recommendations they email you their final report.

Dakine879

Reaction score
+1 on cabin to castle, i used them too, they were suggested by my realtor, been in business for years, and was pleased with their inspection

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val has been using Cabin to Castle. She has used them for 5 or more houses. Seem to be good and she recommends them.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We also used cabin to castle when we bought our mobile home. Only had 1 guy come here but he was very thorough and knowledgeable.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Cabin to Castle is popular.

I called them - about $600 for an acreage inspection and it would take 2 guys around 2 - 3 hours for the inspection.

thanks for the info!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure they can supply a copy of all permits for the property electrical, gas, plumbing and most important septic if there is one. There is a developer here that never got the septic permits and now costing the seller of the property many dollars to sell.

Top Bottom