looking at new sleds, arctic cat or doo?

Waukeshaw

Reaction score
Im looking into maybe perchasing a new machine, and Ive had doo's for along time now. But I was thinking of switching to a new m8 cat or staying with doo and trying there new etec out. Any info either on the cats or how this new etec motor is working out would be a great help. Thanks

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both good sleds IMO but would wait to see what both are offering for next yrs line up...lots of Rumors about next yrs Doo and its Artic cats 50th so I would think they would have something big to be released also.

Waukeshaw

Reaction score
how good is your etec on fuel and oil? ive heard there almost twice as efficient as the powertek? I was thinking of waiting for the 2012 but i heard the only doo change is a upgrated suspension in the mxz and arctic cat switching chassys to somthing similar to there race sled. So i was maybe thinking of getting one at the end of the season here for a bit of a diconted price.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my ETEC, but think I might be selling it to go towards buying a house. :(

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking into maybe perchasing a new machine, and Ive had doo's for along time now. But I was thinking of switching to a new m8 cat or staying with doo and trying there new etec out. Any info either on the cats or how this new etec motor is working out would be a great help. Thanks

I say wait til next years models come out, 2012 will be a big year for both sleds. The doos 800 4tec is right on par with kitty cats 800. So both manufactures are gonna push all that more.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
I made the swtich from Doo to a new M8 last year. Havent regretted it one bit. Still a Doo fan but damn this Cat is impressive!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its awesome. My buddy (slednecks11) has a 2008 800 163, so just like mine basically, and we ride our sleds exactly the same. balls to the wall. we put on the same kilometres, doing the same hill climbs and everything. at the end of the day, he put in $31, and I put in $19.
My cousin has a 08 stock nytro and I use the same amount of fuel as he does.
Havent used to much oil in it either.

Waukeshaw

Reaction score
wow thats impresive, threwout the season thats alot of fuel savings. how is the handling and performance compared to the 08?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats impresive, threwout the season thats alot of fuel savings. how is the handling and performance compared to the 08?

I have buddies that have 08, 09, and 10 XP's. They all feel pretty well the same, and mine feels a little lighter to flick around compared to them. I know its not a lighter sled, but the narrower A arms make it easier to lay over.
Raced my buddy with his 10 154" and off the line we stayed side by side, and than I would start to pull away. He has a dynamo joe clutch kit too.

Top Bottom