Looking at buying a Fuel Controller Box

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
Well I took the sled out again Sunday around the house burned alittle over half a tank, I didn't check the plugs again but it ran great no bogs, seems that my bottom end/midrange is not as fat anymore feels alot more crisp. Did a few wide open pulls for 10 seconds each. I need to bring a wrench with me lol. Its pretty tuff to pull a plug in that sled with out taking the pipe off. Man that sled burns gas. Just so everyone knows, if I can get away with not having to put a control box on, I am not going to put one on. I am not interested in making more HP and continuing to add more and more money into the sled to make more HP. I would like a nice clean burning motor that runs great all the time and doesn't break down. I had a power commander on my 2002 Honda 954, it did timing and ch!t, and I was always playing around with it. I am not into pulling the high mark (never happen with me any how as I am a outa shape big guy who weights alot) I want a sled I can make 'the hill' and drive in between trees and things of that nature. Exploring etc. I did all that hill climbing stuff 10 years ago when I was on my Summit 670x with a drop and roll and 151 2 inch track lol. I am pretty happy with how the motor runs now (and after I add some weight to the clutch to bring down the revs I'll be even more happier) And I do know I need to check the plugs when I do any serious stuff, and I will, but I will do this in the mountains I'll poke a hill or 2 and cut the motor and check the plugs a few times.
I also thank everyone who has helped me in the thread, I hope it runs well in the mountains and that the plugs are good to go. The only other thing I wish is that the sled did not drink as much gas as it does. Wow I mean even when I am just putting around the house (trails in my area) and I am just 1/8 - 1/4 throttling around it burns huge amounts of gas lol. I know its a 1000cc but I mean a 800cc could do that all day and burn half as much or less.

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
IMAG0236.jpg IMAG0234.jpg IMAG0230.jpg
I figured I'd post some pictures of the sled. I don't have any other pics of it handy right now.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a D&D y pipe and can and runs great, no box. Like others have said above 4000ft, its runs noticeably better :beer:

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
google snowmobile service lift plan ... there is a good set of plan on hcs site ... it will come up when you search.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one for you if you want $300. Ill be in mcbride new years if you want it. Ill give you numbers for a slp system or speedwerx that work awesome with 09 mapping. I bought this one off of a friend as a back up if mine ever crapped out.

780 623 0676

Top Bottom