looking at 08' 800 dragon

eye_guysd

Reaction score
Hey guys,
new here but have a question about an 08,800 dragon. Sled has 2800 miles on it and claims to have all factory updates done (flashes) how comfortable should I be with this sled or is there anything I should look for to help with my decision. compression test, serial number, anything.

I am aware of all the problems but those seem to happen early in their life, this one has a little age on it..

thanks for the help guys!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's some pretty decent miles. Get the serial number and take It into the dealership I think they can tell you what has been done to it at a polaris dealership. The compression should be above 100psi for sure, around 120 would be perfect for the stock motor, but that's new top end kind of compression.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one, loved the sled... sold it with 4300+ miles on it, never had an issue with it and had no updates done to it till just before I sold it (the update was a lower compression head and dual ring pistons).... A friend of mine bought it off me in Nov of 09 and is still running it, not sure whats on it for miles now!!! It had more power than both my 09's and the 2011... at least before the update was done...

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well it depends on what he wants for it. Your going to need to spend another $1000 on it to make it reliable. ( fix kit, programmer, and clutching). If the price is right, go for it. I bought a 2008 last year with 900 miles for $4500. And it was in good shape. That sled is worth $4000 max!!!!!

flpp

Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't touch the 08, 09, 10 800. These motors had nothing but troubles from the get go and I don't have the confidence that it will be a reliable power plant. There were some that got a lot of miles with and without any fixes but there are way too many that went down and still do. Your call but I would steer clear of that engine.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't touch the 08, 09, 10 800. These motors had nothing but troubles from the get go and I don't have the confidence that it will be a reliable power plant. There were some that got a lot of miles with and without any fixes but there are way too many that went down and still do. Your call but I would steer clear of that engine.

Add the PMS fix kit, then they're reliable.

Top Bottom