Look out Polaris and Cat!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:alol2: THAT RIGHT THERE....THATS FUNNY!

Did you ever ride the 1000cc Doo? that was a joke. I'll take less power with a good handling Chassis any day. Worst sled that ever spent time in my garage was my son's 07 800 Renegade what a pile of junk.

Trench

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ever ride the 1000cc Doo? that was a joke. I'll take less power with a good handling Chassis any day. Worst sled that ever spent time in my garage was my son's 07 800 Renegade what a pile of junk.

Trench

07's were a 50/50 thing. some sucked bad and some rocked. 2 buddies had good ones. 1 other had a bad one.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that the Etec for this year was tuned back, and next year it was suppose to produce more power and better fuel/oil economy. BRP didn`t want to many warrenty claims the first year out, but who knows:dunno:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have had the 950 built for like 3 years now but until the market picks up they aint comin out with nothin. But maybe they finally decided to put something out that'll keep up with a well tuned M1000. They are gonna have to something radical to keep up with what cats got comin out. The new prototype M1000 H.O motor they have puts out 185-190hp stock. They have had these motors in sleds for this will be the second winter. Next year is cats 50th anniversarry so gonna be alot of new stuff. I'll beleive that doo is bringin a 900-1000cc new mtor when i see it. I was chattin this fall with a buddy of mine who works in BRP's R&D sector and rides the mtns all the time and he said they aren't bringin anything new like that out. But maybe they will to try and stop the flow of people leavin brp for other brands. I just hate though how BRP RAPES canadians on there sled prices!!! A canbadian built sled thousands less in the usa, WTH!!@!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp has a new engine coming out in the new year.

ill give you some hints

its not boosted

its not supercharged

it is an etec

it is 180hp

:D

and it is backed up by a reliable source who test rode it last weekend so i hear through the blowest line

:d

i have a hard time beleiveing it but i do beleive this guy

Doo has been testing a new motor for about two years and it will not be called a 1000, it is in the range of a 986. They do not want to associate with the 1000 of which some did indeed have their quirks. This rumor comes directly from an Alberta dealer last year. Doo is in no hurry to release until they are bumped out of #1 in sales. Sucks how we get the short end of the stick from our tax funded Canadian Company. I have been a doo guy all my life but unless something new comes out from doo or they fix the POS 800 crank bearing design my next new sled will be a Cat. Hurt to say that!:d A 1000 HO Cat or a bigger unproven doo. Will be a tough call come snow check time???????????????????????

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sheeet, and this is my up grade year, any body want a 06 X 159 with RKT top end on a new short block with 180 k on her. I likey the thread but not going to happen. Dam it.

Slammer85

Reaction score
I heard a rumour from a guy in north Dakota who owns a cat dealer and word is that cats coming out with a 410 pound 170 horse 800 in a complete new chassis! If this info is true everybody out there better watch out because cat us gonna kick the chit out of everything!! As for all the Polaris badgers who ride junk xp's I was in golden for 5 days with a buddy who has a new pro and a buddy who has a new etec and the etec couldn't climb near where that Polaris went nor could any of the older xp's. This is me being unbiased because I am a huge cat guy. It's also funny how it's always the doo guys running there mouths but when it comes time to climb againt somebody most of you guys tuck your tails and head to the next area!!

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour from a guy in north Dakota who owns a cat dealer and word is that cats coming out with a 410 pound 170 horse 800 in a complete new chassis! If this info is true everybody out there better watch out because cat us gonna kick the ch!t out of everything!! As for all the Polaris badgers who ride junk xp's I was in golden for 5 days with a buddy who has a new pro and a buddy who has a new etec and the etec couldn't climb near where that Polaris went nor could any of the older xp's. This is me being unbiased because I am a huge cat guy. It's also funny how it's always the doo guys running there mouths but when it comes time to climb againt somebody most of you guys tuck your tails and head to the next area!!

ever ride valemount? im tired of beating up on cats all day maybe yours can give me a run.

you cant compare sleds unless its the same rider on all of them. you would be amazed at the difference 20-40lbs rider weight can make

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever ride valemount? im tired of beating up on cats all day maybe yours can give me a run.

you cant compare sleds unless its the same rider on all of them. you would be amazed at the difference 20-40lbs rider weight can make

Yeah, but thats not fair to compare these other run of the mill sleds to yours maxwell. They're jusy ordinary sleds, not special.........like yours. LOL

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour from a guy in north Dakota who owns a cat dealer and word is that cats coming out with a 410 pound 170 horse 800 in a complete new chassis! If this info is true everybody out there better watch out because cat us gonna kick the chit out of everything!! As for all the Polaris badgers who ride junk xp's I was in golden for 5 days with a buddy who has a new pro and a buddy who has a new etec and the etec couldn't climb near where that Polaris went nor could any of the older xp's. This is me being unbiased because I am a huge cat guy. It's also funny how it's always the doo guys running there mouths but when it comes time to climb againt somebody most of you guys tuck your tails and head to the next area!!

All 2011 model 800 cc TWO STROKE sleds are great, 95 % rider, 5 % sled....buy from the local dealer that treats you the best.......ask an expert level rider for advise on technique and ride your but off....

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sled is stock minus a can

why do you think my sled is special?

The comment was facetious, based on the fact that I figure the most worn spots on your keyboard will definetly be the "I" and the "me".

A word of advice for ya, maybe once or twice this season .....just back out the throttle a bit and let someone else win. I know, I know , its not real, but you'd make a couple guys this year feel a bit better about themselves and their sled. LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Lets all hold hands and buy the same sled so no one can out climb each other lol, kind of a ridiculous post, I think ill keep trying to out climb my buddies, good thing riders make or break a sled of any brand. How can a post of a possilbe new sled coming out get LennyR all twisted up and letting his internet aggression out at maxwell. lol Just to keep this wicked awesome thread going I've never seen a stock M 8 out climb a stock xp. Oh well maybe next year cat wont run a chassis that was built back in 04 and things will be different. (so long ago its hard to remember)

Top Bottom