Longevity of AV / Premium fuels?

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, just got my sled back from boost-it, all tuned up for the season..

Running 70/30ish AV / premium, wondering about the longevity of Premium fuel. I know AV is very very stable, however i'd like to know about the longevity of premium as i want to do a 70/30 mix in my slip tank that is 200 liters. Anyone see any problem with this? i'll probably go through around 2.5 slip tanks this winter.

Thanks!

Evan.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Gentlemen, just got my sled back from boost-it, all tuned up for the season..

Running 70/30ish AV / premium, wondering about the longevity of Premium fuel. I know AV is very very stable, however i'd like to know about the longevity of premium as i want to do a 70/30 mix in my slip tank that is 200 liters. Anyone see any problem with this? i'll probably go through around 2.5 slip tanks this winter.

Thanks!

Evan.

I'd be concerned about condensation before the fuel goes bad. Premium without ethanol has a lot longer shelf life then ethanol mixed fuels.

I don't see any problem with it if you are going to cycle the fuel 2.5 times during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a slip tank rated for gasoline I take it?

I thought there all rated for gas,diesel. I think with gas it maybe considered dangerest transport material though...1203 stickers etc. Under 200 liters won't be an issue I'm sure.
Just a guess though, everything we do now a days is illegal, but if you hand over some cash for a permit your good to go.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even Premium starts to lose the important Volatiles after a short time, measured in less than months. I would invest in some stabilizer one way or the other as cheap insurance.

Top Bottom