Lodging & Rental Suggestions

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Days inn and Super 8 are where we always stay and we are always treated excellent at both.

For rentals stay with revelstoke snowmobile tours as kimrick suggested.

Whatever you do stay away from Glacier House Resort and their rentals which are Great Canadian Snowmobile tours. They will make you regret ever coming to Revelstoke. I know many people that they have Pi$$ed off and made their trips horrible.

What was the issue with Glacier house?

dgehrke

Reaction score
I am curious about the Glacier House as well. We booked in for 3 days over the holidays. Tripadvisor gives it very good ratings. I am a bit worried now.

Darlene

Trottier

Reaction score
I am curious about the Glacier House as well. We booked in for 3 days over the holidays. Tripadvisor gives it very good ratings. I am a bit worried now.

Darlene

Do not stay at the Glacier House any place in Revy other then that place. Do a search and you will find lots of reasons not to stay there.

Hamy

Reaction score
Yeah, Im curious about GHR also - new to site, but not to sledding, and its been quite a few years since we rode revy. A buddy has already booked for GHR. I don't want my return to revy to be a bad one!:eek:

SKIDDOO

Reaction score
I like Powder Pete's, and we usually stay at the Revelstoke Lodge, nice clean rooms and walking distance to all the restaurants downtown and close to the TITTY bar!

dgehrke

Reaction score
I did a search of the forum and it seems some like GHR some do not. We are going on Dec 28th and will post a review after that. I haven't been before and have no ties so it should be unbiased. I know the non refundable part is not great but it is also not uncommon for many destination resorts.
Darlene

bone$

Reaction score
Yah we are also in the bunch that has booked at glacier, little scared now but dont want to lose deposit. guess if its that bad we will move to another place. gonna be there this coming week, will also report back. Everyone seems to say dont stay there, but nobody says why. Is it a dump? Is it the staff? location? price?

dgehrke

Reaction score
Just got back from 2 nights, 3 days at the Glacier House. The facility is very nice, the rooms are clean and pretty soundproof. We had to rent 2 extra sleds and the rental place was okay too. They are not that well stocked, but they know where to send you.
The staff at the GHR could use some training in customer service. With the exception of a couple of the people there, most of the staff make you feel that you are somewhat of an inconvenience, service is not that great in the bar and the food is fair but not outstanding.
There is no place to eat lunch so if you are arriving mid day make sure you stop and eat before heading up to the lodge.
All in all, I would stay there again, but it would be in a cabin with my own kitchen and hot tub - you can't beat the location for access to Frisby and Boulder.
Darlene

Top Bottom