Loctite your secondary bolt?

IGBT

Reaction score
After finishing up my DD bearing upgrade, I just put back the secondary and torqued the bolt to about 35 ft-lb. Should I take it back out and blue loctite? I worry that it might make belt change a pain in the field... Opinions?

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After finishing up my DD bearing upgrade, I just put back the secondary and torqued the bolt to about 35 ft-lb. Should I take it back out and blue loctite? I worry that it might make belt change a pain in the field... Opinions?

have never loctited my secondary bolt....been riding/wrenchin since i was 14...34 now...HOLY FAWK IM OLD...LMAO. seriously, dont worry about her! think about blowing belts in the backcountry...not many carry loctite.

good luck mang!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat I guess. Just rolled the belts off both my M7 and M1000 today for maintenance in under 10 seconds each.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat I guess. Just rolled the belts off both my M7 and M1000 today for maintenance in under 10 seconds each.

maybe in a shop or on a stand...the easiest way IMO to change a belt in the back country is the method i described. no wrestling, no rolling the sled back, or lifting the back up....

IGBT

Reaction score
not sure what you mean? i pull mine out and flip the center spacer around then screw back in to open the secondary...

Yes, this is the way I do it too. It takes very little time and is so easy compared to my wife's Yamaha Rage (you have to somehow grab the rear of the secondary on the rage and rotate it CCW with about 100 pounds of force in a space that is about 0.5 inches for your fingers...

But I am also thinking no loctite.

Kelly

Reaction score
If your not taking the bolt out and flipping the spacer you must have some other ingenius way of doing it. Can't really think of a much easier way on the mountain, or in a shop. :cool: :beer:

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take my clutch off too but I have a rk Tek secondary an don't see any other way of doing it.

m7 carver

Reaction score
I think it is the 07s and up that have the spacer that you can flip around right behind the secondary bolt and then you just screw it back in and it spreads the shivs.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I dont loctite mine..That bolt has to come out and flip the spacers to open the secondary up...Unless your a effing magician there isnt a way to open the sheeves

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your running the RK secondary or I think even the stock one you would probably plug the vent up if you lock tight on your bolt.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a bit of loctite on. It doesn't take much to hold the bolt in. Bolt will still easily come out with a wrench if you have to change belts.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad it wasn't left hand threads. The spinning clutch would keep it threaded on.

Top Bottom