load and unloading, your solutions?

Brisk

Reaction score
Ok so took my bike off the truck for the first time today, more like dragged it off.

Went for a quick ride down the street and back... holy she's a twitchy beast!! I can see now how a groomed trail is going to be not fun, and forget about ice... like an icey parking lot. Doesn't handle like I thought... it's not a sled but it's certainly not a bike either.

So how are you guys loading and unloading your snow bikes? Did you buy a wheel kit or a timbersled designed ramp, both? I sold my sled deck but I have a tri-fold ramp that I'm going to modify to make work.

Show me what your using.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 303

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016-04-23 11.22.01.jpg 2016-04-23 11.22.10.jpg 2016-04-23 11.22.16.jpg

This is what I fabbed from a tri-fold. Works pretty well. Had the Timbersled ramp been available, I just would have bought it.

My $0.02. Buy the Yeti wheel kit that goes with the TS. Will save yourself numerous wrecked backs and headaches. With the wheel kit, it is a slow idle up the ramp and voila.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't got around to building it yet, but I'm gonna fab up a frame with wheels the width of my sled ramp to clamp my ski to. May even put a small winch on my deck and winch it on and off. Loading up onto a sled deck is a royal pita!

Last edited:

Clay911

Reaction score
wait till you get in snow to judge riding the bike, and definitely BUY the yeti wheels. We all load on sled decks by just riding our bikes up just like a sled. Need a good wheel setup for that.

Top Bottom