Lmm EGR delete

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just recently had my duramax straight piped and is it worth it to get the EGR deleted? Next thing is a cold air intake.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes so u don't have egr and or egr cooler issues ect

I take it u have a chip to bypass the egt sensors and dpf sensor

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Te DPF was deleted when I bought the truck and there was a tune put on it to bypass the sensor. I just took the muffler out. I've already notice a slight mileage increase.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya youll definitely notice some good power and mileage increases. do the full delete with the the new tube but will also need a new LB7 uppipe

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to the lb7 up pipe

Don't just cap it off, cause it bounces around, breaks, cracks ect

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can just do a blocker plate as well and then bypass the egr with your coolant hoses if you don't need/want to fully remove it and have to buy a new delete pipe and up-pipe. Cost is only $30-$40 going this route.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can just do a blocker plate as well and then bypass the egr with your coolant hoses if you don't need/want to fully remove it and have to buy a new delete pipe and up-pipe. Cost is only $30-$40 going this route.
U would still have to immobilize the egr valve still won't u, keep it from working

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just need to unplug and turn off the codes same as you would if you removed it.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go the blocker plate route you just need to buy the wiring harness kit , there really cheap and easy to instal. I believe it's " 5 finger " kit. Nadp sells them. My blocker plate and harness was less then 80 bucks for my old 07 lbz. The wiring harness takes care of computer issues

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But u need efi live ect to turn off ECM data ext for egr valve
What's the difference if you unplug it and leave it in or remove it altogether? You still need to beat the codes via EFI Live, HP Tuners or a Finger Stick.

If you go the blocker plate route you just need to buy the wiring harness kit , there really cheap and easy to instal. I believe it's " 5 finger " kit. Nadp sells them. My blocker plate and harness was less then 80 bucks for my old 07 lbz. The wiring harness takes care of computer issues
This is the easiest way if you don't have Efi LIve.

Jon's Finger stick has been around for years and works well.
Lots of people sell them.
Here are the directions on how to do everything according to Kennedy Diesel: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Finger Stick Install.pdf
As I said before the only additional thing to do would be to bypass the egr altogether with the coolant although typically they don't have many problems with leaking so you can leave it stock if you choose.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But u need efi live ect to turn off ECM data ext for egr valve
What's the difference if you unplug it and leave it in or remove it altogether? You still need to beat the codes.

This is the easiest way if you don't have Efi LIve.

Jon's Finger stick has been around for years and works well.
Lots of people sell them.
Here are the directions on how to do everything according to Kennedy Diesel: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Finger Stick Install.pdf
And you can still bypass the egr with the coolant hoses if you want to although the egr's generally don't have many leaks on these trucks. It's cheap and easy to do though.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I concur with lbz.... The egr and coolers aren't much of a problem for the lmm.... Why not just leave it as is?
Still can happen, coolant leak from cooler, egr valve - intake gum up issues
d6429a243dc6faf264bfea647711f2dd.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen some that had no coolant leaks and were almost plugged solid with soot. It's just bad stuff and should be blocked off if possible as soon as possible IMO.

I would bypass it with the coolant lines and block it and throw in a finger stick and walk away knowing that for under 100 bucks you just made your truck more fuel efficient and run better and cooler.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still can happen, just not as common as all the others.... And why not worry about it, if and when it happens?
But with that pic of a lmm I had apart, half plugged up is no good either

Just kibosh it and never look back at egr issues

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But with that pic of a lmm I had apart, half plugged up is no good either

Just kibosh it and never look back at egr issues
Or just block it.
Same difference without having to buy the egr delete pipe.

Top Bottom