Living quarters in snowmobile trailer??

Central101

Reaction score
Just curious if this is possible, assuming with proper and adequate insulation this would be a nice option, thinking fifth wheel style. Freezing is the obvious demon, but wondering if anyone had done this or know someone who has and the results..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots do and have done this. Mostly sled trailers, although i have seen truck camper's and buses. I would think way more minuses than plus experiences.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to putting in a water system or what? Lots of people sleep in their sled trailers, most have fold down bunks with a small kitchen in the front with a propane heater and lights that can be run off a battery or generator. All this is setup once the sleds are pulled out, you sleep inside and the sleds stay outside.

Now if you're looking for a full system with running water and everything else you are in for a real challenge. Most people that live in holiday trailers year round have them skirted in to the ground and a pile of extra insulation added and usually a heater underneath to help keep the water tanks and floor warm.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did work on a trailer for a guy that does oil well maintenance not sure what but more instrumentation. He had a four place sled trailer that the front was done up for an office. Had he a wall about half way the heaters and a couch along with cabinets, he even had a microwave. It was a slick unit. The only down fall would be no water or toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike many numbers has a really nice fully
Functioning enclosed with built in living with all the amenities
Yeah he does, great set up for a rig, everything including tanks and water lines are inside.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Central101

Reaction score
Haha.. What are friends for.. Mike can u chime in.. Just want to know if this is possible from someone that who has actually done or tried this

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've camped in our trailer down to minus 17. It's got tank heaters and spray foam insulation on the underside. Drying gear was a pita. I only do it in the spring now.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.. What are friends for.. Mike can u chime in.. Just want to know if this is possible from someone that who has actually done or tried this
Get him to send you some pics. He's out working so maybe a delayed response from him. Best to pm the douche.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Get him to send you some pics. He's out working so maybe a delayed response from him. Best to pm the douche.

We both know better Dale, he may be out, but working is unlikely

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was trying to be nice 😅

Top Bottom