little girl needs prayers

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will keep all in my positive thoughts. Be strong life may have put you on a ruff road to start but with love and support lets hope the road turn to smooth pavement.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE- at 10:55 am this morning, Taylor just went into surgery. There was an emergency from a car crash this morning, so her surgery was slightly bumped.
Now let the doctors have the wisdom and steady hands to remove approxiamately 25% of her brain, which is all dead tissue, and let the cancer not be able to hide. Let them also successfully remove the 3 tumors on her brain stem, without harm to any nerves or body functioning. If there is any other cancer they find, let it be also removed successfully. We will update when there is any more news.

I want to thank everyone for all the responses so far. Magnet and myself are passing on your kind words for baby Taylor and her family. It really does help us get through this, knowing that there are kind people who don't even know the Thiessen family, but it still touches their hearts.

Let us be reminded of how fortunate we are, even when we hit rough times.

Thanks,

Snowgirl

Auntie loves you little sweet Taylor.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's gonna be one tough little tyke when she gets through this!
Prayers to Taylor and her family. Stay strong.... as hard as that must be at times. :beer:

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE #2 -
As of 1:00 she is doing well in surgery, they are almost at the tumors. A few hours expected yet until surgery is complete.

Thanks,

Snow Girl

Love you my sweet Taylor

Last edited:

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts go out to the family, i can't even begin to think how hard this must be. Being a father myself.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is so sad that something so terrible can affect someone so young and innocent. My thoughts, prayers, and hopes for a bright future and speedy recovery go out to Taylor and her family.

Hang on Sweetie, your time here has only started! xo

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
newest update Taylors doctor is just now finally getting to the tumors, all is going well so far except for length of time. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still thinking of you Taylor, wishing strength and courage for your parents also.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATED at 10:00 P.M. Tuesday Oct 6, 2009!!!
At 6 tonight, the surgery was finished. Then they did an MRI to make sure it was all good. It wasn't. They found more cancer.

10 pm tonight she came out of surgery. The surgeon is keeping her asleep overnight to hopefully get her into mri tomorrow to check to make sure the scan is clear. The surgeon also said it went 'awesome'.

Keep praying, we dont know results of mri they will do tomorrow.

Thanks again to all

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
This brings a tear to my eye. A forum full of people i don't even know and all of a sudden it's to close to home.

Wishing this day brings a new ray of light and hope for Taylor and family.
Thoughts are with you.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She will be in our prayers, we lost my little nephew to cancer a few years back so I have a small feeling of what the family is going through. We will have the family in our prayers also. keep us posted on her progress.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
She will be in our prayers, we lost my little nephew to cancer a few years back. keep us posted on her progress.

Daughter and I did the St.valentines hair Massacure this year for little ones just like Taylor......

Still praying, can't wait to show my daughter what her sacrifice means to others....

hair massacure 2.jpg

hair massacure 4.jpg

hair massacure 6.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome ian. good pics. you can tell her that thanks to her as of now little Taylor is doing fine, under the circumstances she is going through, surgery took longer than expected and they had to go back in to get some they missed on the first surgery. But all was well last time we talked to her parents. You can also tell her that Taylor is pretty much one of your neighbors as they live at the beach as well. Thanks to all the prayers from everyone as well as replies to the thread. i see over 500 views and 40 replies. I am sure many that didnt reply were still praying thanks. I dont think it would have went this well so far ithout your help.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep letting us know how Taylor and her parents are doing as you get more info. Keeping her in our thoughts and prayers daily.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Still thinking of Taylor.......I had a crappy day and when i think of her ,,,it doesn't seem so bad

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - Wednesday October 7, 2009\

I just spoke with Landon, who is Taylor's dad, and his Snow and Mud name is BeachSled on here.

After the third mri, it looks like all of the tumor is gone. For now it is terrific.... but don't stop praying yet. There will be about a month of healing, followed by radiation. After that, there is a 70% chance the cancer could/would come back by the time she is two. (She just turned one last month, in September). Should she make it past there, I believe he said there is a 50% chance it could/would come back by the time she is 5. Should she make it past there, then when older, she would have some difficulty with driving, as her right peripheral vision is limited or not there, I don't recall which he said for certain. Surgeon is not sure if it was already that way, or from birth, or previous surgery when she was just days old, or if it was one of the 2 brain surgeries yesterday. As well, mild to moderate cognitive delays are likely.

So we all need to keep on praying for this little beauty, she won't be out of the woods for a long time. At the sametime, she has made it further in her young life so far, than expected. (Someone had replied to this thread Taylor being a "tough little tyke" or something similar to that. Good description.)

Magnet and I told her parents about the responses and views to this thread, and it has warmed their hearts I'm sure. They made a website when she was a month or two old, so people could see her progress, find updates and view pictures. Again, her dad's name is BeachSled, so if you message him, he could give you the website to keep following her progress if it is okay by him. I didn't ask him about it, so I do not want to post it without his okay.

Thank you again everyone, for your magnificent responses to a little girl you may not even know. I think Taylor's story continously gives a reality check. In a good way.

Magnet and I have learned these two, among other lessons since Taylor's journey began...

Hold your children close, never forget to tell them how much you love them and how significant they are.

Be slow to get angry if someone ticks you off, whether it be up close, at a distance, or if they do something dumb when they drive. You may have no idea what type of struggles they are going through.

Taylor, auntie can't wait to see you !!!!!!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The computers here at the Stollery suck......
So this will have to be short and sweet.
Thank you everybody for all your prayers and well wishes. Her breathing tube has come out as of a hour ago and I have had a chance to talk to the doctor and review the 3rd mri from this afternoon... The tumors are all gone for now, they may be back, we are not sure when or how long the radiation will keep them at bay but we are being told that we should have another year with her at least. Here is a link to a few pictures, when I come home on Thursday night I will post more or I am sure my good friends on the forum here will add updates too. Thanks guys.

MobileMe Gallery

Family Blog for Taylor
http://landonmindytaylor.blogspot.com/

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow,Ive been away at work,so sorry to hear about this, my families thought and prayers to all involved.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
short update got to see baby taylor last night she is semi concious now and moving a bit. drinking lots of fluids. all looks to be going very well. thanks for all the prayers

Top Bottom