Little bit about Earthx Lithium Batteries!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

Little bit about them...

1. obviously the weight. The one you have is 1.3 pounds or .6kg.
2. comes with a 2 year full warranty
3. Has a built in battery management system (BMS) that protects the battery from over discharging (left lights on, key on, etc.)
4. The BMS protects your battery from over charge in the event that you have a bad charging system or charger.
5. The BMS balances the individual cells on the inside so you do not need a special charger for it. Your lead acid one works great!
6. If you ride 20 minutes every 6 months, you will never need to charge this battery in your dirtbike!
7. Completely nonhazardous and even recyclable like a cell phone battery. No lead or acid that can be very dangerous.
8. Turns your engine over much faster, after you install it you will see what I mean.
9. They can not freeze as it is a completely dry cell battery with zero liquid of any kind in it so if you leave your bike in an unheated area, even -70F, you will not harm the battery!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds cool. How long have they been out? In other words are they proven yet to last five years or more? Also what is the cost on them? Same as a AGM for example? I think Lithium batteries are really proving themselves now.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok I have researched this like a year ago... shorai usa makes these batteries... another company is Phantom batteries... they are cool and are light and pack a punch but if you ride in the winter... the colder it gets the weaker the battery becomes... lots of times when you turn your bike on with the headlights on but don't start it and wait like 10 minutes actually charges the battery up more so you can start them.... now I have heard that in real cold weather they lots of times seem like there dead... that's the downfall.. if your only ridin in the spring summer and fall.. then they are a good thing but they are expensive.. about 4 times the cost of a normal battery.. go to www.shoraipower.com to find out all you need to know here is the actually answer from there website......Down to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40F/5C, 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0F/-17C, leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. If the engine fails to start on first crank, that first crank has warmed the battery, and the second attempt will be much stronger. Other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc... Insuring that the battery is fully charged after storage also improves first-start performance in cold weather.

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
ok I have researched this like a year ago... shorai usa makes these batteries... another company is Phantom batteries... they are cool and are light and pack a punch but if you ride in the winter... the colder it gets the weaker the battery becomes... lots of times when you turn your bike on with the headlights on but don't start it and wait like 10 minutes actually charges the battery up more so you can start them.... now I have heard that in real cold weather they lots of times seem like there dead... that's the downfall.. if your only ridin in the spring summer and fall.. then they are a good thing but they are expensive.. about 4 times the cost of a normal battery.. go to www.shoraipower.com to find out all you need to know here is the actually answer from there website......Down to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40F/5C, 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0F/-17C, leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. If the engine fails to start on first crank, that first crank has warmed the battery, and the second attempt will be much stronger. Other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc... Insuring that the battery is fully charged after storage also improves first-start performance in cold weather.

Your right and wrong! Earthx is a different company and the term they use is cold cranking amps, and not all lithium batteries are the same. I have been using this battery all season in my beta 250RR, does everything the same but is less than 1/3 the weight. Not all Lithiums perform the same and I did my homework as I always do before working with a company. The earthx inside is a powder so it is unaffected by cold. I have not used one in my sleds yet but picking up two of my sleds tomorrow both of which are e-start. I am excited to change out the stock for two Earthx I have on the way. Will have a video up soon after instal. Most people dont get e-start because of the weight and i notice no difference but dropping 10 pounds out of the battery makes e-start doable for many. The dirt bike earthx in the video is 169.00 retail and you can buy them through Superclamps at SuperClamp.Net: Manufacturers of the Industries Leading Snowmobile and ATV/UTV/SPYDER tie-downs. and or sign up for the e-newsletter as we draw for a free superclamp each newsletter but this time we will draw for a free earthx sled battery, a great way to try it out...or visit earthx batteries on facebook, like page and we will be doing a draw for one soon. two chances for a free one!

The sled earth x is 349.00 cheers dave

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aahh..ok.. nice to see that they are different thought they were the same cause that's all I seen.. the price is to run away for! lmao but your buying the best.. do they make oem replacement for the renegade g1 frame.. in a deka its a EXT 20L I believe...

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the shoria battery and they are not worth it IMO wont start my ktm 450 even when the bike is cold and the temps are just above zero doesnt seem to make any difference if you leave the light on or not to warm the battery ( i do have the bigger battery ) will be nice to see how these ones work in the cold weather as I do winter ride the dirt bikes

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah I see that.,, I went to there site and read everything.. looks promising.. that's why I stayed away from a shorai or phantom batteries .. looks like this one will go to low - numbers... but.. need a ginny pig to test that first.. l have learned not all that is claimed by manufacturers is the truth..

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
yeah I see that.,, I went to there site and read everything.. looks promising.. that's why I stayed away from a shorai or phantom batteries .. looks like this one will go to low - numbers... but.. need a ginny pig to test that first.. l have learned not all that is claimed by manufacturers is the truth..

Understand that as I am putting them in my sleds as we speak, the alaska troopers have been using them in their search and rescue sleds for last season and they say they work awesome..and it gets cold there!!

dave

Top Bottom