Light Weight Sled!

Dibblit

Reaction score
Hi I need any info on light weight parts, and what i can do to loose pounds on an o8 m8, anny info is appreciated :)

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought holtz a arms for my o9 m8 they say saves 3 pounds and are also stronger to

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
thats kinda big question

specially for an m8

look at your sled everzthing youll see you can get also as a light weight part

if you got the doe you can get everzthing in carbon fibre and titanium

so make it a little more clear in which price range youre looking for light weight parts

Dibblit

Reaction score
have about 6000 to play with so im not really concerned with price.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
anything else done to the sled already ?
or is she bone stock

i think the carbonfiber tunnel and suspension was close to grant

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carbon fibre tunnel, light weight seat, light weight front suspension, if you aren't going to buy a new skid get the rails in carbon fiber, timberland intake domes loses bout 7 lbs outa the nose i think that should pretty much eat up your 6g right there... probably end up losing close to 35-40 lbs. just a ball park figure. you could carbon fiber the bulk head if you really wanted to get serious... probably shed another 10 off that.

Dibblit

Reaction score
ll that is done to the machine so far is speedwerx y-pipe elavation pipe, and a jaws stinger, thanks for all the input

i am curious as to how strong carbon fiber is if i can loose so much weight by using it?

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some light weight front ends very strong and 3-3.5Ibs savings...we have them on sale right know for 475.00 US retail for 525.00 US, if interested let me know. We also carry a full line of shocks to eliminate the beating a guy takes on the trail in.

Thx
BD

Attachments

• Polaris%20a%20arms.jpg
    Polaris%20a%20arms.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

1968chevy

Reaction score
Have an 08 M8 also and have done some lightweight mods. Light weight seat (boss) biggest loss, speedwerx snopro intake, change from 4 to 2 wheel at back, cf rails good to and front end but be careful they break alot easier and for the rest not to sure.
But if you want the best for your 6000 turbo it and you don't have to worry about the weight you will be:d!

cobbycat

Reaction score
seat, hood, intake and stinger will loose some good poundage. If you do the hood and intake you should get the fuel controller.

I just chnged over to the powerclaw track on my 08 m1000 and that sure made it feel lighter, even though the scale doesn't think so.

Dibblit

Reaction score
not looking for more power, so turbo is out, just want to be able to toss the sled around a bit better,
was taking the suspension apart the other day and noticed a tear in the track, so a powder claw is most deffinitly gona be put on,
guess that sets the funds back a bit lol.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out BD-xtreme lots of light weight goodies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom