Light bar for fog

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys find best for fog/snowy conditions?

I did some reading online and see that amber cover with the bar pointed sorta down would work...any of you guys run a setup like that?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I did some reading online and see that amber cover with the bar pointed sorta down would work...any of you guys run a setup like that?

most LED light bars don’t have any kind of beam control on the housing. There’s quite a bit of bleeding light up into the view. I have cheap led light bars in place of my stock fog lights on my truck and they’re bright, but when I turn them on in the fog they might make things worse. And I have mine pointed down strictly for fog.

projectors are by far the best option but expensive and uncommon.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have led driving lights with amber covers for fog on my big truck.They work quite well, they cut through the fog pretty good...until they freeze over that is, summertime no issues. Overall I'm happy with them in the fog.
Coming back from the Yukon early this winter, I tried them in a blizzard and was again happy with the results, no blinding glare off the snowflakes and worked great, until they got covered in snow ( notice the trend, hopefully they start manufacturing after market lights with heat pads on them, or some sort of heat source in them).

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bout these. Street legal.
72ee884459f1d75d6883dbb31c9b92ba.jpg
b59aaa71abb6c552965e8f0e3786ea26.jpg
8024377c1b971503e0ee934a03baa01e.jpg

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just because you put a yellow cover on your lights dont mean they are fog lights. They are simply driving lights with a cover. You leave them puppy's on when I meet you and I will burn your retna's out with my driving lights till you turn them off.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 4" amber led on my bumper that are on my low beams. They work really well until dirty.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your correct, and also disprove the theory that fog lights have to be yellow, that is not the case. I have never heard of Morimoto, gonna check them out

I've never heard the have to be yellow either but that yellow suris nice in a blizzard.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"So despite what you may read online, yellow fog or driving lights can actually improve a night drive, especially in bad conditions. Not because they have a greater range or penetrate fog to a greater degree, but because yellow light is easier for our eyes to process, providing better definition."

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had lightforce and found you couldn't get parts or bulbs anywere but Australia. Tossed them after bulbs died and found the Nightrider leds.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the morimoto headlights for my 19 Superduty so bad just have a tough time hackinn out $2200...

Those morimoto XB led fogs are the cats ass, they are also DOT approved. Been running those for 5-6 years now, no troubles at all with them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not try putting a yellow film over the driving lights in the bumper???

Fog lights need to be mounted low, from my experience.

Top Bottom