Lifting the rear skid

Gunman

Reaction score
Any suggestions on lifting the rear skid for more clearance? can I relocate the shocks or are there aftermarket set ups that will achieve this? will I run into track tension issues? Also how do you get the nut off to change the top gear in the chain case? I tried an impact wrench but it wouldn't move at all! some input would be great!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on lifting the rear skid for more clearance? can I relocate the shocks or are there aftermarket set ups that will achieve this? will I run into track tension issues? Also how do you get the nut off to change the top gear in the chain case? I tried an impact wrench but it wouldn't move at all! some input would be great!
There are drop brackets for the rear part of your rear suspension. You basicly cut off the rivets that hold the old one on and install a taller one. Dont screw with the front mount bolts unless you are doing major chaincase relocation. The nut on the top gear is standard thread if its not coming off heat it up with a hand held propane torch, wont take much.

Gunman

Reaction score
Ok I'll try some heat, now for the skid, I have tracked down a 166" skid from a rmk 900, would this be a better option? will there be problems fitting it in the tunnel? from what I understand the iq skid is a little bit narrower than the gen 2, what are the options for mounting one in my sled? I have access to materials and tools and a neighbor who's a damn good welder so fabricating what I need isn't a problem.

Top Bottom