Lift Kits

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lift kit for a 2000 GMC 2500. Looking for 2 to 4 inches of lift, preferably 4" so i can clear 35s.

What's cheap? What's good?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lift kit for a 2000 GMC 2500. Looking for 2 to 4 inches of lift, preferably 4" so i can clear 35s.

What's cheap? What's good?

for 2" you can just get leveling kit /torsion bar keys and blocks for the back. if you go to a 4" stay away from cheap, you get what you pay for. there is a reason a rough country is 2-400 cheaper than everybody else. go with a middle of the road piced lift and you should be good. if doing it yourself keep in mind it is a huge job on your ride, if not real mechanically inclined, might be best to get a reputable shop to do it for you. good luck and post pics when done.

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main thing is what do you plan on doing with your truck? just street driving? You can get away with torsion bar keys (not my recomendation) or a middle of the pack lift not many in the 4" size for your truck though they are mostly 6", you could put some fibreglass fenders and bedsides on and fit 35's with no lift they look really good too (IMO) some moderate wheeling? Middle to high end lift kit would be ok I would really recomend a kit that does not drop the torsion bars or the fab tech coil over kit. Hard core wheeling? I would sugest a solid axle swap lots of work but can be done for less than a lift kit. High speed back roads? There are some sweet long travel systems out there now that will put a raptor to shame! these are not cheap though and need glass fenders and bedsides. Let us know how you plan on using your truck and I can point you in the right direction :beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the main thing is what do you plan on doing with your truck? just street driving? You can get away with torsion bar keys (not my recomendation) or a middle of the pack lift not many in the 4" size for your truck though they are mostly 6", you could put some fibreglass fenders and bedsides on and fit 35's with no lift they look really good too (IMO) some moderate wheeling? Middle to high end lift kit would be ok I would really recomend a kit that does not drop the torsion bars or the fab tech coil over kit. Hard core wheeling? I would sugest a solid axle swap lots of work but can be done for less than a lift kit. High speed back roads? There are some sweet long travel systems out there now that will put a raptor to shame! these are not cheap though and need glass fenders and bedsides. Let us know how you plan on using your truck and I can point you in the right direction :beer:

It's not hardcore mudpit or every weekend mudding but a few times a year, and LOTS of off-road. And probably 50%+ gravel so it has to be able to take the bumps.

UMACHME

Reaction score
Call Interior Offroad in Edmonton.. Ask for Shane he will help you out !!!

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll end up paying at least that to have a lift kit installed
heres some torsion bar keys and shock mounts they are cheap but not the best way to go it's hard on TRE's and cv's I would not go over 2" that way

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
You'll end up paying at least that to have a lift kit installed
heres some torsion bar keys and shock mounts they are cheap but not the best way to go it's hard on TRE's and cv's I would not go over 2" that way

I also used Ready Lift to level the front of My F-150.
I really liked the product, they had very good and clear directions, did exactly what it said it was going to do height wise. I bought a Haynes Manual so I could have the torque Specs on hands.

But I would recomend, or at least exect, that you are going to need the Rear Blocks to. Used trucks have sag and mine did front end sat an inch higher and looked dumb. Had to get rear blocks for mine.

Keep in mind this is not the same kit, Mine were blocks in the front that sat on top of the coil pack. But everything fit perfect and the install was easy.
I would consider myself a medium level handy backyard mechanic.

ReadyLift is good in my book.:beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing the lift myself. I got enough knowledge and beer to either get it done or have a friend do it. :D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'LL SAY IT AGAIN....... THERE IS A LAW IN THE WORKS ABOUT MAXIMUM LIFT KIT OF 3" THAT WILL BE GOING INTO EFFECT IN ALBERTA...... ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION HAS CONFIRMED THIS.

I WOULD GO WITH A 2" FRONT TORSION BAR LEVEL KIT, AND THEN IF YOU WANT THE BACK RAISED, JUST GET THE 2" REAR LIFT.

BEST KITS I'VE DEALT WITH: http://www.truxxx.com/

WE HAVE DONE MANY, AND 35'S WILL FIT ONCE FRONT-END LIFTED

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'LL SAY IT AGAIN....... THERE IS A LAW IN THE WORKS ABOUT MAXIMUM LIFT KIT OF 3" THAT WILL BE GOING INTO EFFECT IN ALBERTA...... ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION HAS CONFIRMED THIS.

I WOULD GO WITH A 2" FRONT TORSION BAR LEVEL KIT, AND THEN IF YOU WANT THE BACK RAISED, JUST GET THE 2" REAR LIFT.

BEST KITS I'VE DEALT WITH: http://www.truxxx.com/

WE HAVE DONE MANY, AND 35'S WILL FIT ONCE FRONT-END LIFTED

So i only need a 2 inch lift to clear 35s? everywhere on their site said i will only clear 33s

Top Bottom