Lift kit....

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what sizes lift kits come in? I am just looking to Add a few inches more for ground clearance. Also is it complicated to install?

Thanks

750 kawi

Reaction score
Your local dealer should be able to get it for you. The standard is a 2" lift. Installed it on my 06 BF 750 and it gave me about 3" of extra clearance under the middle of the bike. Just a precaution if you drive REALLY hard is that they can be hard on axles. I drive mine pretty hard and havent broke one yet(knock on wood). Simple to install with normal hand tools.:beer:

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what sizes lift kits come in? I am just looking to Add a few inches more for ground clearance. Also is it complicated to install?

Thanks

Check out "Highlifter" website, They have kits, and instructions with pictures so you can see how they go on.:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't do it.... i have 30's and just have the springs turned up all the way..... and have had problems with rear axles so far without the lift...

my buddy has them and spacers with 27's.... his racks are about the same hight but the clearence is still less buy about 1 1/2 inch...

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't do it.... i have 30's and just have the springs turned up all the way..... and have had problems with rear axles so far without the lift...

my buddy has them and spacers with 27's.... his racks are about the same hight but the clearence is still less buy about 1 1/2 inch...

30 inch tires are not small though. I have tried to turn my springs all the way up, couldn't do it..... I am guessing you have to elevate the rear end and it might be easier...

What are spacers, is this the pipe lift thing between the springs?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no rim spacers..... if u do the pipe lift [ pipe to shim the springs ] will lift it but its the same as turnin the springs up... hard ride....

my buddy said after he did the 2 inch bought lift he couldn't go more than 3 clicks on his shocks as the ball joints started binding up...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 inch tires are not small though. I have tried to turn my springs all the way up, couldn't do it..... I am guessing you have to elevate the rear end and it might be easier...

What are spacers, is this the pipe lift thing between the springs?

and its funny that with the 30's on it rubs less that the 27's did... the 27 xtrs' were flatter and rubbed on the inside of the well...

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no rim spacers..... if u do the pipe lift [ pipe to shim the springs ] will lift it but its the same as turnin the springs up... hard ride....

my buddy said after he did the 2 inch bought lift he couldn't go more than 3 clicks on his shocks as the ball joints started binding up...

One must be able to purchase better shocks. Or ones just a bit longer....That might be better then pipe lift .

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and its funny that with the 30's on it rubs less that the 27's did... the 27 xtrs' were flatter and rubbed on the inside of the well...

You like your mud lites xxl's, most people on the site seem to be using zilla , bugs or something more aggresive, laws, backs, why do you chose mud lites,

I like hearing eveyones reason for there tire selections, thats all....:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You like your mud lites xxl's, most people on the site seem to be using zilla , bugs or something more aggresive, laws, backs, why do you chose mud lites,

I like hearing eveyones reason for there tire selections, thats all....:beer:

i was going to put 28 zilla's on but .... came across these used for 250.00 for the 4... i like them better than the mud light xtr's i had before.... even tho they are not radials.... also don't get hung up as much with the 30's and don't have to work to get threw stuff.... plus they float awsome compared to the 27's [ water weelie and deep stuff ]

u see my name pic there..... mine is the green one left and my buddies is the red one... racks the same but if u look close 1.5 more center clearence

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ur gonna do a lift on the brute buy the rubberdown customs 2". You can get it from rapid revolutions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why, are they the best? Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen to Tex..............Taller tires,No lift = Better handling,better axle angles,less wear on front end parts FULL travel of your suspension as it was designed to do and a thicker wallet............................

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen to Tex..............Taller tires,No lift = Better handling,better axle angles,less wear on front end parts FULL travel of your suspension as it was designed to do and a thicker wallet............................

I have listened, I have no lift, 27 zillas are fine with the type of quadding I do!!!

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why, are they the best? Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya that seems to be what everyone is saying. Plus there made in Canada eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom