Leveling kit 2010 GMC 2500HD

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I'm going to take the risk and have summitric do a front end leveling kit on my 2002 Dirtymax sometime this fall to fit the new tires I'm going to be putting on then.
Just need a bit more height to get them babies in there.
Fuel mileage is not that big of a deal for me so we will see how it works out.
I trust summitric's call on the ability for the leveling kit to work - if he's wrong i guess I'll be eating my words...lol...

yup to each there own not saying it doesnt work it does it just causes strain every truck is different some can take it if they are done rite out the factory others cant!!! just saying that this is by the far the cheapest and most effecient way to get good looks and actual practicality!!! my rear lowering kit is a whopping $100 installed it was $200 versus a levelling kit not even the proper one with the upper control arms or the proper shocks $220 plus an hour install plus the wheel alignment to gain what a 1/4 inch bigger tire ??? all i gotta say is get the levelling kit done put it in 4x4 and mash the gas you wont like the levelling kit then when it violently shakes you from your tires towing in wich if you get stuck in the snow and mud you are gonna have to do this to try and get out!! my whole kit installed w/airbags ran me a grand total of $600 with the onboard dual gauge compressor the air bages the lowering kit and the install a properly done levelling kit w/arms and shocks is gonna be close to a grand. if you do buy the levelling kit dont cheap out and put blocks in spend the money do it rite airbags,upgraded shocks,and control arms then your levelling kit will be a little easier on your front end and your back!!! sorry about my opinions I have just come from way to many lifted trucks giving me way to big of a headache for what it is worth!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I'm going to take the risk and have summitric do a front end leveling kit on my 2002 Dirtymax sometime this fall to fit the new tires I'm going to be putting on then.
I trust summitric's call on the ability for the leveling kit to work - if he's wrong i guess I'll be eating my words...lol...

what size tires you doing the max you can do on the new ones and this is with 3'' kit and some major trimming is 33x12.5 anything bigger and you are gonna be cutting your bumper rite up!! I even had the rear of my front fenders pounded back an inch with the front of the fenders protective plastic pinned up and still rubbed w/a 3'' levelling kit a stock dmax tire is 31.2 inches a toyo 33'' tire is actually only 32.5-32.75 so really only an inch higher. its not the height to really worry about it is the width!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if u wanna save some coin on the levelling kit let me know I have the one out of my truck sitting under my desk $100 takes it

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
what size tires you doing the max you can do on the new ones and this is with 3'' kit and some major trimming is 33x12.5 anything bigger and you are gonna be cutting your bumper rite up!! I even had the rear of my front fenders pounded back an inch with the front of the fenders protective plastic pinned up and still rubbed w/a 3'' levelling kit a stock dmax tire is 31.2 inches a toyo 33'' tire is actually only 32.5-32.75 so really only an inch higher. its not the height to really worry about it is the width!!!

Haven't decided what size yet.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ITS A TOUGH CALL ON TIRE SIZE i KNOW MOST RUN A 285 ON THE LEVELLED TRUCKS IT SEEMS TO BE THE MOST COMMON SIZE. i HAVE A SET OF TOYO OPEN COUNTRY M/T'S 33X12.5X20 WITH 60% TREAD STILL LEFT FOR $800 IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are 2 pics of a stock duramax tire and a toyo open country m/t 33'' this just shows that you are not gaining any height in the tire size it is all just simply width I can easily fit on my truck the way it site a 35/11.00/20 on mine with no issues cause it is the same width as stock levelling kits just make it so you can run a bit fatter tire so more rolling mass+more friction=killed gas mileage and more tire wear resulting in $$$$ not needed to be spent!

Attachments

• PIC_0008.jpg
    PIC_0008.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 112
  • pic_0010.jpg
    pic_0010.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 117

polaris800rmk

Reaction score
Just a thoght. I have a 2007 new Generation 2500 HD 6.6 Turbo Diesel.I had a 3" leveling kit in my truck LT 285 75R17, I put a set of bushwacker flares oh the truck and the tires looked small. I bought a set of 18" rims and 33.5" tires and the tires was too big. I had GM istall a 4" Rancho lift with RS900XL shocks the tires still rub a little but the ride stay like a factory ride. Tires and rims with the lift $ 6500.00 and i keep my full warrenty. If lift was installed by after market you loose your warrenty, so consider where you go for a lift.The truck looks awsome now I love it.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thoght. I have a 2007 new Generation 2500 HD 6.6 Turbo Diesel.I had a 3" leveling kit in my truck LT 285 75R17, I put a set of bushwacker flares oh the truck and the tires looked small. I bought a set of 18" rims and 33.5" tires and the tires was too big. I had GM istall a 4" Rancho lift with RS900XL shocks the tires still rub a little but the ride stay like a factory ride. Tires and rims with the lift $ 6500.00 and i keep my full warrenty. If lift was installed by after market you loose your warrenty, so consider where you go for a lift.The truck looks awsome now I love it.

YEAH the dealer can void your warranty even if it was done at there shop. but basicly the rules are if you put a lift in your warranty is still good except for the parts that the lift kit replaces! the rancho 4'' is by far one of the best kits on the market good choice on that one!!! we have a rancho 4'' w/35's on a new titan and looks sick as hell!!! yeah you get the rub on these trucks from tire widths you can go tall as you really want but not wide,wide is were you run into rubbing issues. i'm gonna run a set of 285/65/20's on mine next year. the pictures I posted of the stock to toy 33's are exactly the same in height maybe 1/2 smaller but way wider causing rubbing issues so just go to a narrower tire and you will fit virtually any tire under a factory height chev

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey jaredszakacs, i sent you a pm about that leveling kit you said you had out of your truck. Do you still have it?

svdstar

Reaction score
If you're gonna do it, do it right. Since you're voiding your warranty anyways... do a 6" lift, 35's on 20's, chip, 5" exhaust, PPE intake, 3" downpipe, Transgo kit, injectors... :cool:

045.jpg 041.jpg

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm, never seen cv angles that flat even on full stock trucks.

well you havent seen very many then remeber I own a GM dealership I see all the diesel trucks and there angles and that is a normal angle because the rear is lowered not the front that is stock front height!!!!!!!!!! i lowered the rear to make a true cheaper levelling kit so i can run 4x4!!!!

Rescue Pilot

Reaction score
Hey Jaredszakacs, I'm actually interested in lowering my 2005 Duramax. I bought it 18months ago, with an approx 3" lift, but it's now rolling on 265's Vs the 285's it came (to me) with.

The reasons, I just replaced the upper ball joints at 91,000 Km, not sure if it's lift related, or the trucks history related, BUT the angles just look bad .. mechanically speaking. The Ball joints are cranked right over and both had cut boots
The CV shafts also are running at a large angle which looks ( to me) unhealthy.

Oh and the main reason, a Short Wife. I hear getting a taller one of those could become extremely costly.

The rear looks simple to drop, the shocks...simple, But the torsion bars...??? The adjuster bolts are already backed off fully, so my question is... is there a different part in the adjustment mechanism at the rear end of the torsion bars?
Thanks

Don - Golden

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple lowering ideas: take the torsion keys all the way to the bottom and throw a 2'' ground force rear drop shackle roughly$150 bucks maximum. that is what I have in my truck!

2.Mcnaughy's 2'' torsion key drop application and a 4'' rear shackle that will really lower it and will cost less than doing a levelling kit works great smooth ride!

Top Bottom